Inverness and North

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
captain offensive

Re: Inverness and North

Post by captain offensive »

Hi all,

For anyone interested, and possibly as a thank you to those of you who gave some advice, I've written up the first two days of my little five day trip around the North of Scotland. These two posts take from Inverness to Durness via Lairg, and a few other points in between.

Day One - Inverness to Lairg
Day Two - Lairg to Durness

I'll hopefully get around to writing up the rest of the trip in the next week or two. Cheers all

C.O.
captain offensive

For anyone interested I've just added Day Three - Durness to Bettyhill (The Long Way) to my blog :-)

Cheers

C.O.
Norman H

Post by Norman H »

Thanks for that C O, a really enjoyable read and evocative pictures of the Scottish landscape.
It sounds like Cape Wrath is unfinished business but the Ben Hope detour was more than compensation.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I enjoyed reading it too, diolch

But surely one can get porridge at hostels in Scotland? In these days of portion and cost control porridge should always be on the menu. Cheap, simple, filling healthy, tasty!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
captain offensive

Happy New Year all,

I've not been out on the bike today (though getting it ready for first commute of the year tomorrow) so have taken the opportunuty to get around to writing up Day Four of my summer 2017 ride across the North of Scotland. Hope you like it - you can find it at....

Day Four - Across the Top

Cheers

C.O.
captain offensive

Hi all,

Well I've got around to writing up the final part of my Summer tour in Scotland. Day Five took in a simple dash across Orkney from the ferry at Burwick to Kirkwall. Not much of a day of itself but a good end to a great tour.

I'm also going to be cheeky and point you to my new website. I've been moving my Wordpress pages to my own website which you can find at www.richmay.co.uk - on it you'll find my full write ups of Avenue Verte, C2C and Hardians Cycleway, and Lon Las Cymru as well as last summer's 'All Points North' ride.

Cheers

C.O.