Can I fly Inverness to Bristol without a passport?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mnichols

Can I fly Inverness to Bristol without a passport?

Post by mnichols »

I've seen answers on various forums suggesting that you don't need a passport to fly internally. A photo driving licence is enough

But I can't find anything definitive on EasyJet's website, and can't find a way of contacting them

Anyone know?
Moonbeam

Re: Can I fly Inverness to Bristol without a passport?

Post by Moonbeam »

Yes.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

When I flew back into Brizzle from Barcelona the locals were flying out with no passports, only their ID Cards but I guess a full passport will be needed once Brexit kicks in.
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

Why on earth would a flight within the UK require a passport post Brexit?

Edit.. I think I got a little confused there, are you saying they are flying to and from Spain without passports presently? That goes for all EU citizens more or less. I doubt Brexit will then require passports instead, as long as the ID card system is secure. What will change is the visa requirements. Just my two pennies.
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

That presents a slight problem. I did manage to contact EasyJet and they confirmed that I can travel with just my driving licence. However I had previously checked in which has used my passport details from my profile. So having read the link I'm wondering if now that I have checked in with my passport that I will need to take it, as otherwise my check-in id will be different that the one that I have with me
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Its also worth carrying the credit card you used to buy the flight with.

Maybe not a problem on Easyjet, but I know that some overseas budget airlines insist on it.
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

You don't need the card used with EasyJet, and you can use your driving license. 100%.

We book flights for dozens of people every month. Easyjet are very accommodating, just don't be late! Even though your flight may well be delayed more often than not these days!
Toffee

Post by Toffee »

Flew Luton to Inverness today by EasyJet

No ID was asked for, for any passengers!
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

Wow! I use them personally a couple of times a month, they always ask for ID at the security check.

Was this something unusual to you?
Toffee

Post by Toffee »

Moonbeam wrote:Wow! I use them personally a couple of times a month, they always ask for ID at the security check.

Was this something unusual to you?

The unusual bit was me getting on a plane.
mr riff raff

Post by mr riff raff »

What if you don't have a driving licence?
Politicians are wonderful people as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, such as working for a living.
Warin61

Post by Warin61 »

mr riff raff wrote:What if you don't have a driving licence?

The requirement is usually for photo id. So student card would do.
Humm there would be no photo id for a baby so there must be a loop hole for them - child under x years travelling with an adult?

In NSW Australia you can get a photo id card from the state government, free if elderly or you don't have a drivers licence. You do need proof of id to get one, and the easiest way is to have a passport (catch 22 - to get a passport you need photo id). Should be something similar in the UK?
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Warin61 wrote:The requirement is usually for photo id. So student card would do.
Humm there would be no photo id for a baby so there must be a loop hole for them - child under x years travelling with an adult?

A student card may not be acceptable. The photo ID typically should be something that is official or government issued, like a passport or driving licence. Student IDs are too easily forged.

Babies who travel often do have photo IDs. But they generally assume on flight within the UK that the parents can identify the child. If only one parent is travelling, it's advisable for the travelling parent to take a letter from the other parent, giving permission to travel with the baby. It may also be a good idea to take a copy of the child's birth certificate or something.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
chris_suffolk

Post by chris_suffolk »

I'm not about to fly anywhere with Easy Jet, but if my daughter did (she's 16) how would it work? She's not old enough for a driving licence and doesn't have a passport, but is quite old enough to travel on her own.