Music while you ride!

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
megilleland

Music while you ride!

Post by megilleland »

Here's an idea to modify your bike for entertainment purposes, but at least people would hear you coming. Not a very popular thing to do I imagine.
Last edited by megilleland on 10 Nov 2017, 2:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gattonero

Re: Music while you ride!

Post by Gattonero »

You may as well stay home and having the benefit of using a P3/Grado Gold on Mission speakers 8)

Aside from personal preferences, I cannot understand why people wants to make themselves less aware of what goes on around them? You're never alone on the road, or if it happens it's not for long. Be aware, keep the ears open for oncoming traffic.
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
megilleland

Post by megilleland »

Agree.
Si

Post by Si »

Surely they'd have to all play the same song and sync it very well, otherwise no one would be able to hear anything clearly????

Anyhoo, having suffered the joys of doing a HSBC City ride and getting stuck behind the bloke with the music trailer I'd rather listen to nature/traffic/my own thoughts/etc.
PH

Post by PH »

Brilliant, it's a yoof thing, it's not intended to make them popular with anyone other than their peers and the opposite sex.
But as rebellions go, it's a pretty good one, the skills involved with building such systems and the engineering that goes with adapting them to fit are well worth having, and an appreciation of what can be done with a bike is a good thing. And at least no one will be asking where their bell is!
Moaning about noisy youth isn't anything new, even if they ways they devise to be noisy is.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

PH wrote:Brilliant, it's a yoof thing, it's not intended to make them popular with anyone other than their peers and the opposite sex.
But as rebellions go, it's a pretty good one, the skills involved with building such systems and the engineering that goes with adapting them to fit are well worth having, and an appreciation of what can be done with a bike is a good thing. And at least no one will be asking where their bell is!
Moaning about noisy youth isn't anything new, even if they ways they devise to be noisy is.

!! maybe yet another post that should be on *a positive thread* :wink:

I prefer to play OSTTTOA mind, one song to the tune of another
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
PRL

Post by PRL »

Si wrote:Surely they'd have to all play the same song and sync it very well, otherwise no one would be able to hear anything clearly????

Anyhoo, having suffered the joys of doing a HSBC City ride and getting stuck behind the bloke with the music trailer I'd rather listen to nature/traffic/my own thoughts/etc.

Very much seconded ; I cycled a bit faster was really appropriate just to get away from the row !
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

the worst are those tapping away on their mobile while they have ear plugs in their lugholes, not in this world any more and maybe soon in the next :wink: Living in London the few times I go on the buses/tubes/trains seems to be populated by zombies