East Coast Virgin Survey

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mercalia

East Coast Virgin Survey

Post by mercalia »

well got an email today, survey about their service and website. I took part but there was no way to give any other comment than to the questions they asked. I bet you know the one I wanted to comment on - cycle booking. Have they soughted this out yet?
Sweep

Re: East Coast Virgin Survey

Post by Sweep »

Sounds like the normal selfserving ***t survey dreamed up by a marketing wonk so that they can boost their ego in the next meeting. Last time i communicated with east coast on this issue i got a reply written by a robot which didn't answer my points.

They need a cull.
Sweep
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Stopped using their website. Shame as they were good and helpful once on the phone. Now moved to Transpennine as you can still book bikes with them.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

They said they were sorting the booking system but it's just bluster. They want to make it as convoluted as possible so that you won't bother.
Still waiting for a refund on a ticket from march and haven't used them since but doing so over Christmas and only because I got a voucher and sainsbury give you a couple of quid back when exchanging nectar points.
The journey is about the same door to door as I have to cycle a fair few miles to the east coast station otherwise it's much cheaper using the car and far less aggro!
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

The latest sad ***ing mess.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... al-bailout

So basically they ruined a perfectly good web site/booking system which the nationalised company used and are now running away from things with a pat on the back and cheery wave from the government.

The chances of them sorting out the bike booking mess before they run away seem to me to be minimal to say the least.

The time before last I used their service with a bike I had an awful time trying to get my loaded bike on the train as there is a massive and I mean massive gap between the train and many of the platforms - at least the west coast trains have a step which comes out.

To add insult to injury, when the train arrived in London I had issues getting it off and so set about unloading the lugggage first. Even though the train was at its terminal the train wonk got a more senior wonk to come and tell me to hurry up. I was also accused of delaying their crate at Peterborough when I got on - absolute rot - I had presented myself in ample time before the train arrived and it was fairly seriously late arriving there.

Am travellingwwith them to Newark in a few weeks but that was also a pain booking. Initially they refused to hand over a cycle reservation at their Kings Cross counter without a booking for me, but since the fare I was after could only be booked online there was of course no way I could do this. Eventually the poor employee, despite meaningless instructions from his bosses, handed one over. But hell it was a struggle.

They should of course be fined and have the franchise removed as soon as the line can be renationalised.

But that isn't going to happen of course.
Sweep
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

Cross country trains customer service are pretty good, though you have to ask them using facebook messenger for cycle bookings they will book on other operators for you.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

crazydave789 wrote:Cross country trains customer service are pretty good, though you have to ask them using facebook messenger for cycle bookings they will book on other operators for you.

well thats a silly way of doing things, might as well use smoke signals as dont know what that is - I bet you have to use a smartphone, which I dont have
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

mercalia wrote:
crazydave789 wrote:Cross country trains customer service are pretty good, though you have to ask them using facebook messenger for cycle bookings they will book on other operators for you.

well thats a silly way of doing things, might as well use smoke signals as dont know what that is - I bet you have to use a smartphone, which I dont have

I was surprised at it as well. though I don't use facebook I do use messenger which is just text messaging. ticket offices are supposed to be able to do it for you.