YHA 25% off offer Select Hostels extended until Feb 6th

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mercalia

YHA 25% off offer Select Hostels extended until Feb 6th

Post by mercalia »

To take advantage of our online only offer, book between now and Feb 6th 2018 to stay between 1st January and 29th March 2018 quoting the promo code below:
NY2018-001

25%.JPG

https://www.yha.org.uk/special-offer/january-sale
Last edited by mercalia on 29 Jan 2018, 11:56am, edited 1 time in total.
PH

Re: YHA 25% off offer Select Hostels

Post by PH »

Thanks for the reminder. I had a pleasant night in Stratford last year with the discount - including breakfast it was less than £20. but if I remember rightly someone else's experience (Yours?) wasn't so good. As was pointed out at the time there's plenty of other accommodation in the area.
This time I might have a look for somewhere more out of the way but still with rail options, somewhere I might not otherwise visit, certainly open to suggestions.
Jon Lucas

Post by Jon Lucas »

They do offer good value, the last time cost me £9 for one night's stay in London (25% off £16 plus £3 members discount). I think I used the offers three times last year, but hardly got any sleep on any of the nights. The usual problems - people snoring, people coming in and out of the dorm right into the middle of the night (I've found both to have been problems for years) and the most recent issue of people leaving their phones on during the night and receiving many texts etc. So go prepared. Some hostels at least do have ear plugs, so worth enquiring about these.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

PH wrote:Thanks for the reminder. I had a pleasant night in Stratford last year with the discount - including breakfast it was less than £20. but if I remember rightly someone else's experience (Yours?) wasn't so good. As was pointed out at the time there's plenty of other accommodation in the area.
This time I might have a look for somewhere more out of the way but still with rail options, somewhere I might not otherwise visit, certainly open to suggestions.

it was only the cycle shed that left me unconvinced - I have been back there twice and will probably go back there again with the offer - I mean 25% off and also the £3 membership off also a bargain? Getting there from London is also cheap I think about £6 return advanced tickets. I had a nice ride into Warwick last time
Last edited by mercalia on 29 Dec 2017, 5:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

Jon Lucas wrote:They do offer good value, the last time cost me £9 for one night's stay in London (25% off £16 plus £3 members discount). I think I used the offers three times last year, but hardly got any sleep on any of the nights. The usual problems - people snoring, people coming in and out of the dorm right into the middle of the night (I've found both to have been problems for years) and the most recent issue of people leaving their phones on during the night and receiving many texts etc. So go prepared. Some hostels at least do have ear plugs, so worth enquiring about these.

well ear plugs are mandatory for yha dorms? get some wax ones will give you a good night sleep
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

I see more hostels have been added since I posted this
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

mercalia wrote: well ear plugs are mandatory for yha dorms? get some wax ones will give you a good night sleep

Are there any ear plugs you recommend?
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

mnichols wrote:
mercalia wrote: well ear plugs are mandatory for yha dorms? get some wax ones will give you a good night sleep

not really I have had my pack for 10 years or so down to the last 3 or so will have to get some more - But I do think WAX ones are the ones to get so they mould to your ears when heated up by your body.
robing

Post by robing »

Wax ones are great. Eye mask is also useful.
PH

Post by PH »

mnichols wrote:

Different people will like different ones, I'm currently using some 3M foam ones that are not perfect but a comfortable fit. I'd recommend you get a sample pack, most suppliers do them. I always have some when sleeping away from home, not just hostels, campsites and hotels can have enough background noise to keep me awake.
mercalia

Re: YHA 25% off offer Select Hostels extended until Feb 6th

Post by mercalia »

SALE EXTENDED UNTIL FEB 6TH
Ivor Tingting

Re: YHA 25% off offer Select Hostels extended until Feb 6th

Post by Ivor Tingting »

If you want to be kept awake all night and be really grumpy in the morning then stay at a YHA.
"Zat is ze reel prowoking qwestion Mr Paxman." - Peer Steinbruck, German Finance Minister 31/03/2009.