Portsmouth accommodation

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mikeonabike

Portsmouth accommodation

Post by mikeonabike »

I'm planning a cross channel trip this year. With the most suitable ferry times it will be easiest to stay overnight in Portsmouth. Does anyone have any recommendations for bike-friendly hotels or B&Bs?
Thanks
Mike
whoof

Re: Portsmouth accommodation

Post by whoof »

I've never used the one in Portsmouth but I've stayed in quite a few Premier Inns and they let you take you bikes into the rooms, I like the breakfast as well. There's one about 1 km from the ferry port and a second about 2.5km at Southsea.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Cunobelin wrote:There is a Travelodge on Kingston Crescent just outside the Ferry Port, and there is even a cycle path under the Rudmore Roundabout to get you there in the morning
I have never had a problem taking bikes in to one of their rooms

newbootclimbco wrote:Another Travel Lodge on Copnor Rd Hilsea, tele no 08715591841, only a short cycle ride to ferry. My mate and I are staying there 1 sept , ferry to Santander, Very helpful receptionist has booked us on ground floor so we can wheel bikes into room. Have a good trip. T.

The above quotes extracted from a confused topic, mid-2017 . . . . . now deleted.

EDIT . . . . . and this relevant topic ( using the forum search +portsmouth +overnight )
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=112973
mikeonabike

Post by mikeonabike »

Thanks very much both of you
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

@Graham thanks - saves me posting the same

How are you getting to Portsmouth?

There is a map of Cycle Routes here If arriving by bike.

There is also a simpler version with quiter routes
AnyOtherName

Post by AnyOtherName »

If you get any problems PM me i live circa 10K from the harbour