Ortlieb Backroller Pro Plus anyone use them?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
bikepacker

Ortlieb Backroller Pro Plus anyone use them?

Post by bikepacker »

Would like some feedback from a current user of these 70 litre versions of the Back Rollers. Thinking of getting some and using a two pannier system instead of my current setup.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
Sweep

Re: Ortlieb Backroller Pro Plus anyone use them?

Post by Sweep »

No answer to this?

I'd be interested.

I also have a vague recolection that someone on here had sourced some from a foriegn supplier for a very good price including shipping.

But I can't find the post.

If you are that person please step forward and remind me.

edit - answering my own question for the benefit of anyone else, it was probably these folk:

https://www.mantel.com/uk/ortlieb-back- ... NzdGFydDE=
Sweep
dim

Post by dim »

those 70l pannier bags are the ones that I will be getting, together with the smaller matching front pannier bags

it's a pity they don't make the 70l size in the black in the high viz material such as the photo below:

Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

I've got the pro plus ones. Got them for my recumbent but not sure I'll use them on my upright.! Upright can't take front panniers so putting 70 litres worth of kit on the back of a bike worries me.

Right now I use the normal back rollers with a drybag on top. I try to put weight forward. I have a carradry bat bag =8 litres. I have a custom, full frame bag that's perhaps 11 litres. I have a little top tube bag and am considering a stem cell or two behind my bars.

They're really nice panniers though. The internal part is huge. Then you have the front pocket. That holds a lot. In fact I think 35 litres per pannier could be an underestimate due to the expansion of this front pocket. The pocket can be cinched in with the side straps. These can effectively compress the panniers of not full. A very versatile pannier.