Parking at Portsmouth or Poole

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
jack1

Parking at Portsmouth or Poole

Post by jack1 »

Wanting to know about (Parking) if any ? Portsmouth or Poole.leaving small "Van" for a Month ? :D Thanks
Tangled Metal

Re: Parking at Portsmouth or Poole

Post by Tangled Metal »

You just reminded me I need to think about parking for our summer tour. Plymouth though.

I take it you're off on a ferry. Don't most ferry ports offer secure car parks like airports? I know Newcastle had one but they also had cruises leave there. Not sure if that's why they had secure parking.
jack1

Post by jack1 »

Brittany Ferries,want £13.00 a day :( that would be £390.00 for 30 days !!!!!!
Vitara

Post by Vitara »

For Portsmouth you might want to consider parking in Gosport which is the other side of the harbour entrance. Lots of on street parking a short way from the town centre, or Haslar Marina has a private car park whose daily rate will be much less than the ferry port.

Gosport to the Continental Ferry terminal involves a short ferry ride across the harbour entrance, and an easy 5km cycle ride.
Phil66

Post by Phil66 »

Have you looked at https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk looks like you could park in the Holiday Inn Express car park for £55 for a month, which seems fair to me.
roberts8

Post by roberts8 »

I have parked in the Hardway area of Gosport. We used the public car park that is near the boatyards so they are generally ok with people parking and sailing which is what we used to do when we had a boat down there.
It is easy to get to the ferry port via the Gosport ferry and a short ride.
Have not been there for a couple of years so check it out by maybe talking to the boatyards or marinas.
jack1

Post by jack1 »

Hi,thanks so much for your replys :D very helpful.
jack1

Post by jack1 »

Hi,I'v been in touch with (Haslar Marina Gosport) you can PARK a car/Van,no problem in there "car-park. :D I'm leaving my van there for "30 DAYS" £40.00 Total,hope this helps !!!! There email berths@haslarmarina.co.uk Once again thanks for your "help" :D just for the record Brittany Ferries Charge £13.00 A DAY. :(
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Is there somewhere similar in Plymouth?

I'll start my own thread now it looks like you've resolved your parking.
Vitara

Post by Vitara »

That sounds like a good result.

FYI the Gosport Ferry service runs every 15 minutes (6 mins at peak times) & takes 4 minutes to cross the harbour, so don't worry if it's leaving just as you arrive, you won't need to wait long for the next one. Keep your ferry ticket safe, it's an open return so you can use it when you get back.

Getting to the Ferry Port is easy, just keep the Naval Base/Dockyard on your left until you get to Unicorn Gate, then follow the main road using the shared path.

Have a good time.
jack1

Post by jack1 »

Hi Vitara,thanks mate. :D Regards Darrell.