Pennie Cycle Way

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Mr Wardorff

Pennie Cycle Way

Post by Mr Wardorff »

Hi All,

I'm doing the pennie cycle route starting at the end of the week, just wondering if anyone has done it recently and any advice and tips, diversions, camping spots, cafes with good cake and coffee, pubs with good beer and any other help you can throw my way

Thanks in advance
honesty

Re: Pennie Cycle Way

Post by honesty »

Yep. It’s a great ride. There are a few changes to the posted route I’d make. Which way are you doing it?

The big changes I’d make if I were to do it again is the bit just south of Wooler and the bit just north of Hadrian’s wall (Wark forest track). Though this does depend on what bike you’re doing it on!

Have a read of my blog linked in my signature if you want more information.
Mr Wardorff

Post by Mr Wardorff »

I'm riding it south to north. I'm on a mountain bike with marathon tyres, I've ridden it through off road mountain before and as long as it's not too technical uphill don't mind the off road bits. I'll have a look at your blog thanks for the help :D
honesty

Post by honesty »

On a mountain bike you shouldn't have any problems. I was on a tourer with a full camping load and found some of the off road sections a bit too much.