Downloading Eurovelo routes

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
martin113

Downloading Eurovelo routes

Post by martin113 »

Does anyone know how to download a particular Eurovelo route in GPX format? I can't find on the Eeurovelo website that you can do it.
ConRAD

Re: Downloading Eurovelo routes

Post by ConRAD »

go HERE and digit EUROVELO, then select your particular Eurovelo.
martin113

Post by martin113 »

Eureka. Done. Thank you very much and a useful resource for future routes as well.
Warin61

Post by Warin61 »

There is also
https://cycling.waymarkedtrails.org/#ro ... 88!17.6505

This is based on OSM data. Unfortunately the sequential order is not always correct and there can be missing sections. :(
But it will give you an elevation profile, height gain/loss distance .. and GPX/KML files.
If you care to you can join OSM and get the route into sequential order .. takes about 1 day for the changes to go through and then you 'll have it in sequence. The missing sections .. are a problem as you have to comply with copyright with entries into OSM. Once you have completed the route of course you now have personal knowledge of the route and can enter that into OSM for the benefit of future users.
Last edited by Warin61 on 19 Aug 2018, 8:48am, edited 1 time in total.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

Thanks for the resource. Richard said that he's planning on including them on cycle.travel too. I don't know when though (and I think his site must use the same underlying data as it's open source). I'm heading off on 7 September and I'm just ordering my Michelin maps and then downloading the GPS route from cycle.travel with me forcing the route to stick to the track (and then wondering if the recommended roads are actually better).

I think I may be coming too reliant on fixed routes. In the old days a yellow Michelin map and a vague plan were enOugh. Indeed we used to figure out the route as we went and draw it in after we'd completed it- the big upgrade was drawing the route on the map in the morning that we were going to cycle it.