Exeter to Dover

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
JoeMoran23

Exeter to Dover

Post by JoeMoran23 »

Does anyone have any tips or routes for riding from Topsham (Exeter) to Dover?

This is what I've planned - https://cycle.travel/map/journey/78634? ... 076&zoom=8
gaz

Re: Exeter to Dover

Post by gaz »

Winchelsea to Rye, 245: Drag your route to the coast. 270: Drag your route north to follow NCN2 and see the giraffes.
JoeMoran23

Post by JoeMoran23 »

Cheers Gaz, I'll make sure we pop by :)
gaz

Post by gaz »

Well worth it.
G1.png

When people ask what you expect to see from NCN2 the reply should be "Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically..."
WB1.png

On a good day you might even see some zebra.
Northumberlander

Post by Northumberlander »

Sorry, this is not helpful - at all - with regard to your original question, but the word 'Topsham' has me responding... Our daughter has recently relocated there (400 miles from 'home') and a couple of weekends ago we visited her. We rented bikes from Route2 Bikes, and spent a lovely Sunday tootling around the Exe Estuary Trail, including a couple of ferry crossings! It was just lovely. I was very impressed with the engineering infrastructure which has been put in place to make the route possible, by completing the circuit. Refreshingly, well... refreshing. Topsham's lovely! Hope you get your route sorted.