Pakistan visa

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
matt2matt2002

Pakistan visa

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Anyone with a UK passport recently obtained a tourist visa?
Looks like I'll need a letter of introduction.
I want to fly in and fly out after doing whatever I can of the KKH.

Interested to know the visa conditions re validity times. Does it start from entry or upon issue? Etc.
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
simonhill

Re: Pakistan visa

Post by simonhill »

I'm sure you've searched out the web. I found this from an agency that gets visas https://cibtvisas.co.uk/pakistan-visa

Scroll down below the business visa. There's a worrying bit about providing daily schedule. For other visas, eh China, you normally only need provide first few days. Don't know about Pakistan. Unfortunately vivas are almost always reciprocal and as we make it tough on them to get one of ours, expect the same back.

You could try asking about this on the Lonely Planet thorn tree forum for Pakistan.
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Thanks Simon
Many thanks
A good link, I'll follow up.
Yes, I have a question on trip adviser - no replies yet.
It would be great to hear from someone who has recently used Gerry's. It appears to be the only place, since the embassy refer folk there.
A bit nervous of sending off my passport - and the £100+ fee!
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
pq

Post by pq »

Not helpful I know but it makes me glad I did the KKH back in 1996. Visa over the counter from the consulate in Brum, and back then you could ride the whole way with no hassle. Indus Kohistan was a bit dangerous though. Good luck, it's a great ride.
One link to your website is enough. G
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

No helpful advice re obtaining one, but whatever you do make sure it is the right visa. A friend ended up with a business visa and was returned to his point of origin. It did however mean he missed out on being in the earthquake zone as the earthquake occurred.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells