EE Mobile!!

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Woodtourer

EE Mobile!!

Post by Woodtourer »

Just wanted to say how well the above mobile phone plan has worked for us on our tour across France, Gei and now Denmark.
I think it was recommended here earlier this year while I was in the planning stages of our trip. A few times I had some y and their Customer Service was great!
meic

Re: EE Mobile!!

Post by meic »

I cant say the same for Three.
More often than not no signal, be that Wales, England or France.

But it is cheap, so far £2-3 for three or four years.
Yma o Hyd
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Woodtourer wrote:... A few times I had some y and their Customer Service was great!

It's good to hear that things have gone well for you and that advice from the forum helped. I've ended up with EE through inertia as they took over my earlier landline provider but I've not had any problems with their customer service, although they did pull the plug on my long0held freeserve email.

I presume "some y" is a typo rather than an unfamiliar (to me) usage.
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

meic wrote:I cant say the same for Three.

I always get good signals in France on my Three sim, usually roams to Orange, Bouyges Telecom, etc.
Amazes me that even in more remote mountainous and wooded areas, e.g. Massif Central, etc, there is a good signal with reasonable data speeds.
Compared to Scotland where there is very little signal away from main roads.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Woodtourer wrote:Just wanted to say how well the above mobile phone plan has worked for us on our tour across France, Gei and now Denmark.
I think it was recommended here earlier this year while I was in the planning stages of our trip. A few times I had some y and their Customer Service was great!

I would agree. I had one issue when I crossed from Germany into Netherlands when I could not get a data connection (phone would not establish a GSM data link). So I called EE support, got somebody who was due to finish their shift in 5 mins yet they stayed on, was determined to resolve the issue, in the end their instructions involved switching phone off, so they'd call me back and 10 mins later (probably 20 mins after they were due to go home) they called back and it was all sorted.

But I can't compare them to other networks, as not used any others for several years (when I quit using O2 they were pretty rubbish but they have certainly had long enough to get their act together but no idea if they have).

Ian
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

rualexander wrote:
meic wrote:I cant say the same for Three.

I always get good signals in France on my Three sim, usually roams to Orange, Bouyges Telecom, etc.
Amazes me that even in more remote mountainous and wooded areas, e.g. Massif Central, etc, there is a good signal with reasonable data speeds.
Compared to Scotland where there is very little signal away from main roads.

Isn't that because you can use any network in France but in the uk you are tied to one. Wasn't there a plan to do something about this problem?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Three has worked well for me in France Germany, Czech Republic Austria and Hungary as well as US Oz NZ SA and various places in South America. Just buy a £10 add on and its UK rates practically everywhere? Never needed customer service.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......