Another GPS question!!

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Psamathe

Re: Another GPS question!!

Post by Psamathe »

robing wrote:Get a Wahoo Bolt. The design and functionality are superb, the monochrome screen is super sharp and clear in sunlight. The battery life is phenomenal.

I found that on my Elemnt, whilst the battery always lasted a full day, on a few long days when I came to recharge it the battery was down at 5%. However, on my Garmin at the end of any day the battery was never below 80%. Both started every day fully charged.

Both Wahoo and Garmin seemed to recharge surprisingly quickly (e.g. compared to the small battery in my Sony camera which takes forever to charge).

Ian
robing

Re: Another GPS question!!

Post by robing »

Bez wrote:It's got a number of weaknesses, though, especially for navigation. And there are Garmin and Lezyne devices which will match or beat it for battery life.

I used it to navigate LEJOG with the Komoot app and it was faultless. Going through tricky places like Bristol and Edinburgh was a doddle. Being able to change your destination on the go is a big plus, admittedly you need your phone for this.