Dover to Durness

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
charliepolecat

Dover to Durness

Post by charliepolecat »

Has anyone a route map for this ride: https://www.peak-tours.com/shop/dover-t ... dium=email
Paulatic

Re: Dover to Durness

Post by Paulatic »

The web site gives you a daily itinerary I don’t think it’s that hard to work out the route. Although with Peak Tours there will be some unnecessary wiggles just to reach suitable accommodation for a group of cyclists.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

I'd like to know if anyone has ridden the route and if so have they a cue/GPS route available.

charliepolecat

Post by charliepolecat »

No problem, Peak Tours kindly sent me the route sheets.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

There used to be a Dover to Cape Wrath ride, which must have passed close to or gone through Durness - involved a short ferry ride - I've never ridden it, but I wonder if it's still a possibility? - if not I suppose Durness is the end of the road.
pq

Post by pq »

I'm pretty sure the cape wrath ferry still operates, but it's weather dependent. When I was there it was too rough.
One link to your website is enough. G
Ivor Tingting

Post by Ivor Tingting »

This is a ride I would like to do in preference to LeJoG/JoGLe but to Cape Wrath. For me I would do it unsupported and make my own route which would be 50% of the adventure. Good luck with your attempt. I guess you are planning do it summer 2019?
"Zat is ze reel prowoking qwestion Mr Paxman." - Peer Steinbruck, German Finance Minister 31/03/2009.