2019 Euro Bike Tour - Any Joiners?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
euan1984

2019 Euro Bike Tour - Any Joiners?

Post by euan1984 »

Hi,

I am planning either a few 1 month long trips or maybe one bigger trip in the summer of 2019 and would be more than happy to share the experience if anyone would like to join!?

I don't have a route planned yet and although I have some specific places I would like to visit (and I love route planning) I would be open to suggestions and flexible on options. My initial plan was to do some camping and wild camping but I also have a reasonable budget I can dip into if needed. I'm also an experienced road cyclist and 100 miles a day shouldn't be a problem but would prefer to do 50 mile days or so and enjoy the experience at our own pace.

If anyone is interested give me a shout and would be cool to have some company. I've done JOGLE, cycled Venice -> Vienna this summer, have also done Route de Grande Alpes and did Geneva to Milan a few years back so I have quite a bit of experience and am not scared of the mountains either. Doesn't matter if you don't have tons of experience - it's all a learning process and fitness comes very quickly after some back to back days with loaded panniers. Really it's just about enjoying the fresh air, visiting some beautiful countryside and having a laugh along the way.

I'm planning to take some time off work so I can be very flexible on dates as long as I work around a few summer weddings that I need to go to.

If this sounds interesting and you like an adventure then get in touch. Ps. 34 yr old male living near West London - easy going and very friendly.

Euan
rachel

Re: 2019 Euro Bike Tour - Any Joiners?

Post by rachel »

HI Euan

I saw your post and I am looking a doing a 3 week trip to cycle around Ireland from Aug 17th 2019 and didn't know if this is place you would be interested in exploring further? I have cycled toured before, longest trip cycling across the USA. I cycle to work and cycle most weekends all year round. Not the fastest cyclist but 100 a miles a day I am very capable of and the next day etc. But do prefer to be able to take time out and enjoy the place I am exploring, meet the locals and take pictures.

I am 47 years old female and my partner is not a cyclist and he wont do this, but I have this spirit of adventure and I just love touring and I am not going to stop! I am really easy to get on with and have a good attitude to undertake the physical challenge of doing something like this.

Anyway if Ireland is not for you no worries, good luck with your travels!!
Rachel
euan1984

Post by euan1984 »

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for getting in touch. Ireland isn't on my list to be honest as I'm hoping to head for slightly warmer destinations in Southern Europe.

Sounds like a good trip though so good luck and hope you find a suitable riding buddy!

Euan
Iwanttoride

Post by Iwanttoride »

Hi Euan
The trip you have in mind sounds right up my street. I’d like to do 10-14 days somewhere in Europe and am open minded about the route however would preferably like to take in some mountains along the way as I’ve never cycled any of the mountains in Europe and won’t feel like a proper cyclist until I have done so! Haha. I would be taking time off work so am a bit restricted in that sense but I could easily join and leave a trip part way through. I did LEJOG in 2017 so have experience doing long distances back to back, but 50 miles a day sounds more fun and less of an endurance slog. Happy to flex between 50-100 as needs must though. I am a 38 year old male living in north west London. Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a drink or something to have a chat about it? Oli