"What you bring on your ride needs to go home with you."

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
reohn2

Re: "What you bring on your ride needs to go home with you."

Post by reohn2 »

I can't argue with that Debs
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Debs wrote:I agree with this ^ but would go further to bring in a new kind of dog licensing - with the difference that a £100 per year per dog licence fee to register also qualifies the pet for subsidised veterinary health care, free annual check up, vaccinations for free, other treatments heavily subsidised and no VAT.

Subsidised by who?

I presume you mean the Govt., in which case I would rather my taxes are used for something more worthwhile, eg filling potholes.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

simonhill wrote:
Debs wrote:I agree with this ^ but would go further to bring in a new kind of dog licensing - with the difference that a £100 per year per dog licence fee to register also qualifies the pet for subsidised veterinary health care, free annual check up, vaccinations for free, other treatments heavily subsidised and no VAT.

Subsidised by who?

I presume you mean the Govt., in which case I would rather my taxes are used for something more worthwhile, eg filling potholes.

Perhaps subsidised by dog and cat licences.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

I don't think £100 a year would go very far in vet's fees.
Debs

Post by Debs »

reohn2 wrote:
simonhill wrote:

Subsidised by who?

Yes my idea is based upon using pet licence money to fund a free of charge basic level of health care for all registered pets, plus free from VAT.

The addition of tax payers money is open for debate, approximately 26% of UK households own a dog, and 18% a cat, 45% of UK households own a pet of some description, so some public tax money used to subsidise veterinary bills would possibly become a very welcome and acceptable tax.
Also, i'm sure many people who don't own a pet would welcome such a fundamental advancement of animal health care reform.
It maybe too optimistic to propose a NHS for pets, but i believe it would be popular to subsidise a *nominal* amount so bills are affordable.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

reohn2 wrote:
simonhill wrote:

Subsidised by who?

Tax on pet food
Higher licence fee for second dog
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

I have no doubt that the administration costs for this plan would wipe out any benefit for those that paid up.
I pay £22 / Month for a pet plan ( annual check up, jabs, worming tablets and flea treatments ) and insurance ( 3rd party, vets bills etc. ) for our Westie and worth every penny frankly ..... although i could actually buy a replacement Westie every 2 years ... :lol:
Last edited by landsurfer on 4 Jan 2019, 4:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Debs

Post by Debs »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Tax on pet food

Perhaps divert the VAT paid on pet foods to pet health care subsides :wink:
Debs

Post by Debs »

landsurfer wrote:I pay £22 / Month for a pet plan

Pet Plans are primarily about insurance * finance sector * big on profits for shareholders and good for the bankers bonus.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

No ... just park the whole idea .... the costs involved in these schemes usually outstrip any benefit envisaged. Which is why they are not already in place !
Be more Mike.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Debs wrote:

Pet Plans are primarily about insurance * finance sector * big on profits for shareholders and good for the bankers bonus.

And keep my dog healthy, worm and flea free and we don't have to worry about vets bills ..OR HIM BARKING AT A NOISE SENSITIVE PENSIONER ....!
Oh yea ....remember the Dog .... or is the usual banker / shareholder rhetoric more important ..... JW !
I take it you have no pension Debs ... because if you do your a shareholder by proxy .... and your income is administered by those evil Bankers ....
Be more Mike.
Debs

Post by Debs »

landsurfer wrote:
Debs wrote:

I take it you have no pension Debs ... because if you do your a shareholder by proxy .... and your income is administered by those evil Bankers ....

But pensions, pet plans, and greedy bankers are not the strayed off topic issue here, animal health care reform is :wink:
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Debs wrote:But pensions, pet plans, and greedy bankers are not the strayed off topic issue here, animal health care reform is :wink:

If thats your priority .. respect .... mines human health care .... and not littering .. :)
Be more Mike.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Your bike :)
I its not already mentioned.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
londoncommuter0000

Post by londoncommuter0000 »

When on my commute, I'll usually not have any food with me, but on longer runs or when on an out-and-out tour, there will be recyclable refuse bags in a pannier or a frame bag. Nothing gets left behind. Nothing.
--
Surly LHT | Genesis Flyer | Giant Defy Advanced Pro | CBoardman 29er Pro
London is a cesspit