Late October 2019 Tour

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
skinikki

Late October 2019 Tour

Post by skinikki »

Looking for suggestions......
We have 8 days the last week of October to go on a tour. Would like to try a different continent. Ideally a circular route so we can transport our bikes in our bike boxes (leave in the first night hotel and collect on the last night)
Currently thinking of a loop from Marrakesh into the Atlas Mountains (not camping, my husband likes a proper bed!!)
Any ideas on routes or other suggestions for a tour with reasonable weather for that time of year??
Have already toured Norway, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, Scotland, Mallorca.
Thanks in advance :)
Gearoidmuar

Re: Late October 2019 Tour

Post by Gearoidmuar »

You've not been to Spain. Spain is magnificent.
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

I’d be tempted by south west USA. Do a tour from Salt Lake City. That late in the season you’d have to be careful to stay away from the mountains but could visit some amazing national parks. I have only touched in this area in late summer but I understand that October is a good time to visit. Maybe too far for 8 days....but you said you wanted to try another continent. Southern Africa could be good too but things can be hot and dry in October (ref the singing sands) so you’d need to think about where you were going).
londoncommuter0000

Post by londoncommuter0000 »

skinikki wrote:Looking for suggestions......
We have 8 days the last week of October to go on a tour. Would like to try a different continent. Ideally a circular route so we can transport our bikes in our bike boxes (leave in the first night hotel and collect on the last night)
Currently thinking of a loop from Marrakesh into the Atlas Mountains (not camping, my husband likes a proper bed!!)
Any ideas on routes or other suggestions for a tour with reasonable weather for that time of year??
Have already toured Norway, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, Scotland, Mallorca.
Thanks in advance :)

Flight to Faro, cycle to Seville?
--
Surly LHT | Genesis Flyer | Giant Defy Advanced Pro | CBoardman 29er Pro
London is a cesspit
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Andalusia? Greece; Peloponnes
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells