New to me revolution country premier

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
foxyrider

Re: New to me revolution country premier

Post by foxyrider »

pete75 wrote:
foxyrider wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Lot of similar dialect words in the East Midlands - Notts, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire all part of the Danelaw so I guess similar linguistic base. Northants very close to danelaw counties so similarities. Are you from the north of the county?
Someone once told me the traditional Northants county has a greater variety of accents than most other counties . Top end near Stamford people speak with a Lincs accent, bottom end near Banbury with a Pam Ayres accent, east around Peterborough(now in Cambridgeshire) almost East Anglian, far west a touch of West midlands nasal twang and in Corby the local Scottish accent. Can vouch for the Corby, Peterborough and Stamford area accents but don't know about the rest.

Sorry to disappoint but If anything I have a sort of posh Yorkshire accent! (so i'm told!)

I lived in the middle of the county - no real accent, maybe a slight drawl.

A posh Yorkshire accent - you mean like Jeremy Clarkson? :wink:

'appen! :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Aquila

Re: New to me revolution country premier

Post by Aquila »

I thought I'd resurrect this post as I fitted Schwalbe Marathon's 700x38 and throw my tuppence into the pot.

For me personally its such a massive upgrade to running 32" Conti sport contacts. The rough gravel tracks, dirt trails, bridleways, uneven, cracked tarmac and concrete roads are all a lot more comfortable and more pleasant to ride on, Sure they don't feel as slick and quick on smooth roads but its a sacrifice I'm glad I made