Cycle Travel question!

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
richardfm

Re: Cycle Travel question!

Postby richardfm » 14 Oct 2019, 11:02pm

Sweep wrote:Apologies if asked before.
I understand that the key for the maps is a pop up that can be accessed from the top right of the map but that some browser settings block this.
Mine does.
Would it be possible to also have this as a downloadable pdf?
I would find it very handy.

I've never noticed that link before, so thank you for that.
However, it didn't answer one thing that has been puzzling me. A route I have just created is shown partly as a purple line and partly as a green line. What do these represent? The route summary shows 4 different (in this case) types of road/cycle way surface, so I expected four colours for the route to show me busy roads, paved roads, traffic free and unpaved traffic free

Sweep

Postby Sweep » 14 Oct 2019, 11:35pm

richardfm wrote:
Sweep wrote:Apologies if asked before.
I understand that the key for the maps is a pop up that can be accessed from the top right of the map but that some browser settings block this.
Mine does.
Would it be possible to also have this as a downloadable pdf?
I would find it very handy.

I've never noticed that link before, so thank you for that.
However, it didn't answer one thing that has been puzzling me. A route I have just created is shown partly as a purple line and partly as a green line. What do these represent? The route summary shows 4 different (in this case) types of road/cycle way surface, so I expected four colours for the route to show me busy roads, paved roads, traffic free and unpaved traffic free

ah so I'm not the only one who's eagle eyes didn't spot that tiddly link :)

the green line you refer to I think indicates a bit of the route which is traffic free/off road, on an old railway track or the like.

Others will be along soon with more info.
Sweep

SA_SA_SA

Re: Cycle Travel suggestion!

Postby SA_SA_SA » 11 Nov 2019, 11:54am

Hello.

I wondered if it would be easy to add a special via point that additionally indicated a printing split:

ie allowed a route's cue and map printouts to be automatically split into sub-sections (days/morning/afternoons etc) of cycling?

Thanks for all the maps. :D
------------You may not use this post in Cycle or other magazine ------ 8)

mjr

Postby mjr » 11 Nov 2019, 1:04pm

Sweep wrote:
richardfm wrote:[...]

ah so I'm not the only one who's eagle eyes didn't spot that tiddly link :)

the green line you refer to I think indicates a bit of the route which is traffic free/off road, on an old railway track or the like.

Others will be along soon with more info.

No, green means unpaved, whether motor-free or not. See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=128273&start=150#p1004386
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

Richard Fairhurst

Re: Cycle Travel suggestion!

Postby Richard Fairhurst » 11 Nov 2019, 4:31pm

SA_SA_SA wrote:Hello.

I wondered if it would be easy to add a special via point that additionally indicated a printing split:

ie allowed a route's cue and map printouts to be automatically split into sub-sections (days/morning/afternoons etc) of cycling?

Yes, definitely on the list. I'm just thinking about the best way to do it.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides