dublin to wicklow

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
tinribs

dublin to wicklow

Post by tinribs »

Anyone cycled from Dublin south along coast to Wicklow town? Any suggestions for routes? Will be doing this route in April.

Thanks
NUKe

Re: dublin to wicklow

Post by NUKe »

In the absence of any other answers I would head down the coast via Bray, Greystones and Kilcoole, but it’s along while since I did it .
NUKe

Post by matata »

I Can only help you a wee bit... From Dublin city follow the coast road ,lovely view, to Sandy cove, Dun loaghaire ,follow the coast road again to Glenageary to Bullock Harbour to Dalkey ( nice little eating and drinking places, along Sorrento Road , up Vico road to Roundabout at top . All the music and film stars live along there. turn first left, go down the hill ...and after that I can't help you! Thats the first 15 miles... If you want more fine details just ask...Nik
mikeonabike

Post by mikeonabike »

We did this route in reverse from Wicklow to Bray last year (then short of time so got the train to city centre). Greystones was busy but then a nice quiet road through Newcastle.
tinribs

Post by tinribs »

Cheers for all the tips!