Obtaining a cardboard bike box in Seville

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
deckertim

Obtaining a cardboard bike box in Seville

Post by deckertim »

I'm planning a tour from Malaga to Seville. My intention is to fly out with the bike in a cardboard box, dispose of this in Malaga, then get hold of another box in Seville to use for the return flight.
Has anyone any experience of getting a box in Seville. Did you find a friendly bike shop? Or were you able to buy a box at the airport.
Thanks

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my Moto G (5) Plus using hovercraft full of eels.
whoof

Re: Obtaining a cardboard bike box in Seville

Post by whoof »

I can't tell you where to get a box in Seville but can tell you where the bins were to dispose of a box in Malaga (or where they were last June).
If you come out of the arrivals door and turn right there is a taxi rank. Keep going in the same direction across the road (where the taxis are) and there were Biffa style bins were on the left hand side. From memory it was at least 100 maybe 200 metres from where you come out of the airport door.

This appears to be the closest bike shop to the airport, about 1500 metres away.
Routing Bike, CALLE SECOYA, POLÍGONO INDUSTRIAL AUTOPISTA NAVE 3., 41020 Sevilla, Spain
oldun

Post by oldun »

Hello Deckertim......there is a large Decathlon store in Camas which is only a couple of klms out of Seville itself who may be able to help ......see here......https://www.google.es/maps/place/Calle+ ... d00c46c3c1
There is also a hostel called " Triana backpackers hostel" who also rent out bikes and who forward and receive hire bikes and always in cardboard boxes . This bike hire at this hostel is run by Pauline who speaks English , and is very helpful , so that is also worth considering .
The email address is ....SevillaTriana@gmail.com........or Tel....+34 954 45 9960

Hope this helps .....Regards.....John
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

You may have enough information already, but I normally search on Google maps for bike shop. Most show up, often with photos so you can see what they are like, plus contact and web info.

I wouldn't reply on one being left at the airport, unless storing them is something they officially do.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

I'd get local bike shops' email addresses from Google and email them a few days in advance (use Google translate if your Spanish isn't up to scratch) asking them to save one for you. Has worked for me the times I've done it that way. Decathlon sounds like a good bet. Factor in the time to buy some gaffer tape from a hardware store too.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

When we flew home from from Gib we used a bike cover taped around the bike that came from Decathlon. Though a search implies they no longer do these.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells