downloadable cycle map of France?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
nez

downloadable cycle map of France?

Post by nez »

Does anyone know of a source for a downloadable cycle map of France? I have a Garmin Dakota and could use one. Thanks
cycleruk

Re: downloadable cycle map of France?

Post by cycleruk »

nez dans le guidon wrote:Does anyone know of a source for a downloadable cycle map of France? I have a Garmin Dakota and could use one. Thanks

I presume that the Dakota is the same as most Garmin units.?

Most of us use OSM (open street maps)
See DCrainmaker for how.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/05/dow ... 00810.html
You'll never know if you don't try it.
nez

Post by nez »

Fabulous. Thanks. It takes a micro SD card and map, but I've never used it outside the UK and the original Garmin map I have only covers the UK. I've done some planning on web based maps but they require you to use a smartphone to navigate - which won't be that much use for cycle camping. The Dakota uses AA batteries, so I can just take a box of rechargeables.
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

nez dans le guidon wrote:. The Dakota uses AA batteries, so I can just take a box of rechargeables.

I'm normally a fan of rechargables but wouldn't take them on a camping trip with nowhere to recharge them. Per amp-hour they're heavier than disposables, and you'd probably need to take quite a few. You can buy single-use AA cells anywhere.
Chris F, Cornwall
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

Talkytoaster does OS style mapping for many countries including France.
https://shop.talkytoaster.me.uk/