Campsites in/near Paris

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Slowroad

Campsites in/near Paris

Post by Slowroad »

Hi - I'm doing the Avenue Verte next week and wondered if anyone had experience of staying in campsites near to Paris, e.g., Maisons-Lafitte, Bois de Boulogne, or others further out. These two seem well thought of but sound rather expensive.
Thanks!
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
Graham

Re: Campsites in/near Paris

Post by Graham »

This prior topic may be of use :-
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=114236
nirakaro

Post by nirakaro »

There's a campsite at Lyons-la-Foret, which is a reasonable halfway point if you're doing Dieppe-Paris in two days. Nice place, but the night I was there, there were a few bars open, no shop, and no restaurant/takeaway. I had a bag of salted peanuts for dinner IIRC.
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Thanks!
I've found that the Bois de Boulogne site is 19 euros per night for a 'pedestrian' which isn't too bad for a city site.
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

As it happenned I stayed at Camping International Maisons-Lafitte, 17 euros, nice site if rather noisy - trains rather than the campers.
― Peter Golkin
robing

Post by robing »

I'd probably avoid campsites in a big city and go for a cheap hotel like an F1. If there are 2 or 3 of you it could even work out cheaper.
Bikes in the room and more secure.