The Wonders of Touring, not?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mercalia

The Wonders of Touring, not?

Post by mercalia »

jucar gorge, Spain
jucar gorge, Spain

( click to enlarge )

The Guardian did an article on this place a little while ago. I bet everyone here is panting to visit. But I got to wondering how hard it was to take the picture, climb all that way to the top of the gorge ( even if its possible), I would be panting for sure and would only appreciate it in retrospect like now looking at the picture. It seems many of the great places require you to be a bird or in a helicopter, or to be superman to really appreciate them? If you are on your feet what do you really see, especially in that town on the other side, maybe narrow streets you could see anywhere in smalltown Spain? Or on that road at the bottom, scrub and grass? so special?

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2019 ... GTUK_email
HarryD

Re: The Wonders of Touring, not?

Post by HarryD »

Picture taken from the viewpoint on the AB-880 so probably quite easy to take. If you've not been to Spain before it probably is quite special

You sound like you need a couple of weeks on a bike in the sun
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

HarryD wrote:Picture taken from the viewpoint on the AB-880 so probably quite easy to take. If you've not been to Spain before it probably is quite special

You sound like you need a couple of weeks on a bike in the sun

nope I would get bored after 2 days. Couldnt stand the incessant sun or heat.
whoof

Post by whoof »

Spain is a great place to go cycle touring. The weather on the whole is so much better than the UK.