malaga to santander

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
shobo

malaga to santander

Post by shobo »

Got this pencilled in for second half of April, solo.
Anyone done similar ?
whoof

Re: malaga to santander

Post by whoof »

Mrs Whoof did most of it this year. She recommends the road that used to be the main road. Please see link to journal below that describes the route. She went from Malaga to the Southern most point in Spain to start but you could start by going to Cordoba.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o= ... 21852&v=kV

She also said she met a couple riding Malaga to Santander and they plotted their route on Cycletravel.com if you register and do a search you might be able to find it.
randonneur

Post by randonneur »

Yes, earlier this year, cycled Faro to Santander, nearest I got to Malaga was Ronda. However my route essentially was following the Via De La Plata (Pilgrimage route to Santiago) to get north from Sevilla to Leon. Mainly follows the old N630 with plenty of old interesting towns along the route and plenty of cheap accommodation. From Leon headed into the Picos Europa for a weeks touring and this is within a days cycle of Santander.
Note I did this route in April and encountered snow on a few days in Central and Northern Spain which I was not fully prepared for after the warm weather in the South earlier on the trip.
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

whoof wrote:Mrs Whoof did most of it this year. She recommends the road that used to be the main road. Please see link to journal below that describes the route. She went from Malaga to the Southern most point in Spain to start but you could start by going to Cordoba.
https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o= ... 21852&v=kV

Thanks, Mrs Whoof (Lucy?) - a great writeup - I'm up to day 10 so far. Looking forward to the rest!
Chris F, Cornwall
shobo

Post by shobo »

Great travelogue.
But I'm somewhat inclined to suspect that Mrs Whoof is not a genuine name.
shobo

Post by shobo »

Thanks for the advices