Russian and Kazakh visas.

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
level1

Russian and Kazakh visas.

Post by level1 »

Hi there,

I am currently prepping for my next ride across Europe & Asia.
I am planning on crossing Western Russia and the length of Kazakhstan to get to the core of Central Asia next summer.
I am going through a visa agency for the Russian visa ( I need more than the regular 30 day tourist visa. I am applying for a one year, 3 month multiple entry business one ).
Kazakhstan seems more difficult. Again, considering the size of the country, I'll need more than 30 days.
I know I could do a visa run ( into either Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan ) and re-enter, but this would be my last option.
Has anyone ever managed to get a 2 or 3 month visa ? And if yes, how ?
Any lead would help, thanks.

L.
simonhill

Re: Russian and Kazakh visas.

Post by simonhill »

Without knowing where else you have enquired, maybe I'm repeating what you already know.

This is a general cycling forum so answers to very specific questions will rely on maybe one person. Likewise with the Lonely Planet onyourbike forum.

I would recommend the country specific forums of websites like Lonely Planet or TripAdvisor. Also the motorcycle forum horizonsunlimited often has useful info.
level1

Post by level1 »

I have already posted on the LP Kazakhstan forum ( and others, mostly in France, that's where I am hailing from ).
Still, I am trying my luck here.
The Horizonsunlimited forum might be another good option indeed.
I have contacted a couple of agencies in KZ but unfortunately they can't help :-(.
cotswolds

Post by cotswolds »

[url]crazyguyonabike.com[/url] is definitely worth a try as well.
level1

Post by level1 »

cotswolds wrote:[url]crazyguyonabike.com[/url] is definitely worth a try as well.

Just checked. Great site, but I couldn't find anything relevant regarding my visa stuff.
doodah

Post by doodah »

Hi,

Will this help you for Kazakhstan?

https://caravanistan.com/visa/kazakhstan/

Cheers
cotswolds

Post by cotswolds »

level1 wrote:
cotswolds wrote:[url]crazyguyonabike.com[/url] is definitely worth a try as well.

Just checked. Great site, but I couldn't find anything relevant regarding my visa stuff.

Lots of round-the-world type cyclists are active on the forum there, worth registering and posting your question there.

Responses may be a bit slow because people are actually on the road.
cotswolds

Post by cotswolds »

Did you find the journals by locale feature? 51 journals for Kazakhstan, so there's probably more people on that forum who've cycled there than on this one.