Does anyone sell 1.5l stainless steel bottles?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
tommydog

Does anyone sell 1.5l stainless steel bottles?

Post by tommydog »

I have the BBB Fuel Tank XL bottle holder. I use this to hold 1.5L coke bottles from the supermarket and I fill these with water. But I would prefer to use stainless steel. Problem is I can't find any stainless steel bottles in 1.5l size.

Klean Kanteen do a bottle in 40oz (1182ml), which is smaller than I wanted. Their next size up is 64oz (1900ml) which is too large. One Green bottle do a 1.2L (too small) and the next size up is 2L (too big)

Sigg do a 1.5L which is a perfect size, but it's in aluminium and I don't want aluminium.

Hydro Flask don't do anything in stainless for that size, nor do Camelback or Laken.

I also looked at Cheeki bottles who do a 1.6L stainless steel, but they have no stock in UK.

Does anyone have any suggestions for stainless steel in 1.5L?
Last edited by tommydog on 9 Jan 2020, 12:14am, edited 2 times in total.
andrew_s

Re: Does anyone sell 1.5l stainless steel bottles?

Post by andrew_s »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Non- ... sbs_201_15

The problem is that at 3.7" diameter, it won't fit in a standard bottle cage, so you would also need a bikebuddy or similar.
tommydog

Post by tommydog »

andrew_s wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Non-Leak-Bottles-Multiple-Specifications/dp/B07V22GFYX/ref=pd_aw_sbs_201_15
The problem is that at 3.7" diameter, it won't fit in a standard bottle cage

My bottle holders are supersized BBB Fuel Tank XL holders. I hold a 1.5L supermarket coke bottle no problem. The problem with the product you linked to is that I prefer narrow mouth, as my bottle holder clip goes round a narrow mouth perfectly (like Klean Kanteen). Also did you read one of the amazon reviews

"Keeps water fresh for a long time big container but defenetly not 1.5litres as I have tried to put 1 litre bottle innit and couldn't pour it all"

Thirdly I am looking for single wall and not insulated.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

I tried metal bottles in metal holders around 20 years ago. The vibration was horrible - every bump, every ripple in the tarmac and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I canned them after two rides.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

tommydog wrote:Thirdly I am looking for single wall and not insulated.

The only others I came across were on alibaba, minimum order 500 or 1000 units. That presumably means they must exists somewhere.
Have fun looking.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I believe kleen kanteen do large capacity bottles. I don't know if the diameter is too large for a holder. I carry a one litre kleen kanteen bottle to top up my much smaller bottle. You can't drink from many kk bottles on the go as they have deep screw top caps.

They are bomb proof.
John
tommydog

Post by tommydog »

Oldjohnw wrote:I believe kleen kanteen do large capacity bottles. I don't know if the diameter is too large for a holder. I carry a one litre kleen kanteen bottle to top up my much smaller bottle. You can't drink from many kk bottles on the go as they have deep screw top caps.

They are bomb proof.

Kleen Kanteen do a 40oz (1182ml) and a 64oz (1900ml). The 40z fits my holders, but the 64oz is too wide. Why can't anyoune do a 1.5L size, as that's very common for soft drinks from supermarket e.g. pepsi, coke, fanta, highland spring etc all do 1.5L. It bemuses me that I can't get 1.5L size in stainless.
tommydog

Post by tommydog »

Audax67 wrote:I tried metal bottles in metal holders around 20 years ago. The vibration was horrible - every bump, every ripple in the tarmac and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I canned them after two rides.

I have not had this experience and have been doing offroad tails with stainless for years.