Camino by Trike?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Tigerbiten

Re: Camino by Trike?

Post by Tigerbiten »

I'm lucky that my ICE trike will fold.
For short local A->B trips I can put it in a soft bag bike, then it just becomes oversize luggage.
Bus/train out then cycle back.
But once on tour with my large carry freedom trailer, I only use ferries.

I was tempted to do a tour across America, until I priced the cost of flying my rig both ways, it would have have at least doubled the cost of a 4 month tour.

Luck ........... :D
Tilley

Post by Tilley »

Great feedback thanks all.
MartinBrice

Post by MartinBrice »

The return trip for most cyclists is simple: turn up at the post office next to the pilgrim office in Santiago and they will send your bike home in a huge bike box for €90 (last year price). You stick all your kit in the box and fly home with hand luggage.
For a tricycle, the only way that I can think of is to ride it back.
You can use the ferry from Santander but you'll need to get it there and I can't see that happening in a bus or a train.
John Holiday

Post by John Holiday »

Cycled from Pamplona several years ago on my Birdy Grey. Several sections were quite rough and were hard work for walkers, nevermind cyclists.
However, there are usually minor roads linking the villages which you could use,rather than following the well signed route. Enjoyed the route very much & cheerful greetings of 'Bon Camino' from everyone you passed.
Enjoy.