If you could go anywhere where would you go?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Jamesh

If you could go anywhere where would you go?

Post by Jamesh »

It's a title of a children's story book btw.

But if you had 10 days / 2 weeks where would you go...?

I ask out of idle speculation and slight opportunity in that my wife has gone to live with her parents for 2 weeks as we have an outbreak of CV at our kids primary school and being immuno compromised she thought it best to stay away for a couple if weeks. And you know how our minds work chaps she's away for s couple of weeks I might have earn't enough brownie points looking after 4 kids for a trip away myself but I'm not holding my breath!!!

So if you could go anywhere, where would you go?

I vote for Italy next summer ride out fly home?

Cheers James
Cowsham

Re: If you could go anywhere where would you go?

Post by Cowsham »

That's an easy one -- Isle of Man -- but you can't get there at the moment -- well not ordinary mortals. There's about 7 cases of covid19 on the island as I type 6 in isolation and 1 in hospital ( the first one in hospital for many months. Cases were zero for a long time till the wanes started arriving home from uni in England etc ) there's no social distancing and business has been back to normal since early June. Safest place on the earth right now.
I am here. Where are you?
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Wow - that's a toughy... anywhere? Hmmm... probably Japan, maybe?! or, back in time!! :roll:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Doggerland of course, need to travel in time too, 6 000 years ago :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

2 weeks/10 days not long enough for me to justify the carbon footprint to travel outside UK. And nowhere appropriate in UK at the moment so even without everything else I'd be staying at home.

Ian
northerncyclist

Post by northerncyclist »

If you mean right now the only place I would entertain going to would be the Canary Islands.....
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

simonineaston wrote:Wow - that's a toughy... anywhere? Hmmm... probably Japan, maybe?! or, back in time!! :roll:

Ha ha isle of man again -- when you step off the boat your in 1957 but with the best broadband in the world.
I am here. Where are you?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Great Inagua, Bahamas. A spectacular place in many ways.

(Oh, and I wouldn't be cycling, for the avoidance of doubt :P )
Last edited by Bonefishblues on 17 Nov 2020, 11:49am, edited 1 time in total.
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

Back to the Camino for me, I had to bail out in 2005 in Burgos due to terrible food poisoning, having reached there from Pamplona, and I've been itching to go back but need that two weeks to get to Santiago from Burgos, not on foot this time but cycling, drifting through the rolling landscape and just spending some time on the road, no schedule, sunshine, bliss!

Cheers,

Keith
hamish

Post by hamish »

Psamathe wrote:2 weeks/10 days not long enough for me to justify the carbon footprint to travel outside UK. And nowhere appropriate in UK at the moment so even without everything else I'd be staying at home.

Ian

I agree with the carbon footprint concerns... So I'd probably say Scotland for me. A mainly off road tour in the highlands... Again.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Any place that isn't duped/too dumb to fall for the covid fraud and hasn't put restrictions on human life in place.
MarcusT

Post by MarcusT »

Jamesh wrote:It's a title of a children's story book btw.

But if you had 10 days / 2 weeks where would you go...?

I vote for Italy next summer ride out fly home?

Cheers James

Italy is a little large for 2 weeks. Everybody dreams of Tuscany and is well merited, but Apulia is where my next dream trip is.
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike
MarcusT

Post by MarcusT »

The utility cyclist wrote:Any place that isn't duped/too dumb to fall for the covid fraud and hasn't put restrictions on human life in place.

What?
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

The utility cyclist wrote:Any place that isn't duped/too dumb to fall for the covid fraud and hasn't put restrictions on human life in place.

Obviously, The Trump rump of the USA, or Brazil.

People still get it and die from it, but they do so in the knowledge that they can spread it undeterred. No silly restrictions for them.
John
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

Returning to the OP's best intentions...
Scotland outwith the midge season would be my UK choice. West coast and islands. March/April in my mind already.
As for further afield, I'm a newcomer to touring, so even heading into France is something I'm really looking forward to.
I visited Romania a couple of years ago (not on a bike), and think that parts of Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania would make an interesting trip.
Basically, anywhere then...