The Following Spring (2022)

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
leftpoole

Re: This coming Spring (2021)

Post by leftpoole »

Covid. Brexit. Together? Nobody will be going anywhere as far as I can see/think!
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

leftpoole wrote:Covid. Brexit. Together? Nobody will be going anywhere as far as I can see/think!

Possibly not for leisure, but I'm already booked for work in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
Adamcycles17

Post by Adamcycles17 »

I'm 58 and a vaccination tracker suggests I am likely to get mine end of May or early June given current progress. 23m people ahead of me in the queue.

My hope is for the ScotRail bike carriages to be in service so we can get the tandem to Oban and then on to Mull and Iona. Only possible with the new trains.

Otherwise we are limited to where we can get the tandem on a train somewhere interesting further south.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

People have raised an interesting aspect of freedom with vaccination. TV documentary this evening I noticed the same thing with an elderly person saying how she should get vaccinated soon and then they can start meeting in each others houses again (like being vaccinated exempts them from Gov. restrictions).

As far as I'm aware the Government have denied they have any plans for "freedom certificates" (for the vaccinated) and if they stick with that then I'd expect greater freedom to travel to happen only as the C-19 incidence drops and we all start moving back into Tier 2. And given how keen this Government is keep the pubs open it might be that things open gradually keeping the C-19 at (in the Gov's opinion "tolerable levels" - which might mean Tier 2 with pubs and shops open without the need for a "bring your own Scotch Egg".

And I suspect we are a long way off vaccinations having any significant impact on infections.

Ian
KTHSullivan

Re: The Following Spring (2022)

Post by KTHSullivan »

When I travelled extensively many countries required and I believe still require "international Certificates of Vaccination" for yellow fever and cholera. I would hazard a guess, that in future this may become the "norm" for international travel with regards to a CV19 inoculation.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

KTHSullivan wrote:When I travelled extensively many countries required and I believe still require "international Certificates of Vaccination" for yellow fever and cholera. I would hazard a guess, that in future this may become the "norm" for international travel with regards to a CV19 inoculation.
IATA are already trialling a secure app for travellers to carry vaccination and test data in.
https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/pr/2020-12-16-01/

But I'll be taking my WHO yellow book with me to get the jab written in.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
KTHSullivan

Post by KTHSullivan »

st599_uk wrote:
KTHSullivan wrote:When I travelled extensively many countries required and I believe still require "international Certificates of Vaccination" for yellow fever and cholera. I would hazard a guess, that in future this may become the "norm" for international travel with regards to a CV19 inoculation.
IATA are already trialling a secure app for travellers to carry vaccination and test data in.
https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/pr/2020-12-16-01/

But I'll be taking my WHO yellow book with me to get the jab written in.

Sounds like a plan, I will have to see if I can find mine. It has to be 30 years though, it could be anywhere in my "filing" system. :lol:
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol: