Touring from 12th April?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
st599_uk

Re: Touring from 12th April?

Post by st599_uk »

Also for the 12th April or Later date, it is for Domestic Holidays in self-contained units with no shared facilities, will have to be credit card camping at places with en-suite and facilities to eat in room.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

st599_uk wrote:Also for the 12th April or Later date, it is for Domestic Holidays in self-contained units with no shared facilities, will have to be credit card camping at places with en-suite and facilities to eat in room.

Or wild camping. Except i guess Scotland might still be closed in effect.
John
1982john

Post by 1982john »

What's the latest on Wales?

As far as I can see there's nothing concrete yet but hints that easter will allow some travel?
1982john

Post by 1982john »

Thanks I missed that :|

Looking on pitchup it's letting me book a self contained cabin but it has shared toilets from the 12 April but I thought that wasn't ok?
Billy007

Post by Billy007 »

One thing's for sure, most of the outdoor go to places, AONBs are going to get trashed this year, even worse than last. Can't wait for foreign travel to open up again to relieve the pressure on our own country's fragile beauty spots. Chavs and scum can jet off to Spain, Greece and Ibeefa.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Billy007 wrote:One thing's for sure, most of the outdoor go to places, AONBs are going to get trashed this year, even worse than last. Can't wait for foreign travel to open up again to relieve the pressure on our own country's fragile beauty spots. Chavs and scum can jet off to Spain, Greece and Ibeefa.

chavs is a horrible word - I rather hoped that it had died out.
If you are so concerned about folk you label such I am sure you will find the same anywhere abroad.
On the planet.
Unless you have some sort of tunnel vision defect,
Yes I would expect some places to be a bit overloaded - just as one of my favourite local London parks has become seriously churned, especially when damp, by vastly increased footfall in these god forsaken times.
But anyone with an ounce of adventure and intelligence with a bike will be able to find some peaceful spots.
This can be a surprisingly quiet and peaceful country.
A pretty big chance I'll be off for a bit of very peaceful freecamping come April12.
Even in the supposedly cram-packed south east I don't see any great problem with my plan.
Sweep
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Coronavirus (COVID-19): declaration form for international travel
Complete a travel declaration form to confirm that you are legally allowed to travel abroad from England.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel

Jonathan
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Jdsk wrote:Coronavirus (COVID-19): declaration form for international travel
Complete a travel declaration form to confirm that you are legally allowed to travel abroad from England.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel

Jonathan

Interesting. Many thanks for sharing.
Will this apply to travel from England to Scotland/ Wales?
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

matt2matt2002 wrote:

Jonathan

Not at the moment according to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56295486

Cheers,

Keith
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

Traction_man wrote:
matt2matt2002 wrote:

Jonathan

Not at the moment according to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56295486

Cheers,

Keith

This is what the BBC state

"What about travelling from Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales?

There are slightly different restrictions in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales but, as yet, no declaration for travel form is required.

Under current UK-wide Covid-19 restrictions, you must not travel, including abroad, unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so.

It is illegal to travel abroad from anywhere in the UK for holidays and other leisure purposes.

Travellers arriving anywhere in the UK now have to take two coronavirus tests while quarantining, while some must pay to self-isolate at a hotel."
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Someone (not Govt) said on the radio this morning that the new form was introduced to stop people going abroad on holiday over Easter.

This seems a good explanation given how late in the lockdown that it was introduced. As restrictions will hopefully be easing fairly soon, another stable door being locked after most of the horses have already bolted.