Parking in Devizes

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
MIB2020

Parking in Devizes

Post by MIB2020 »

Hi, can anyone recommend parking in Devizes , preferably near the Travelodge for 4 days in June, prefer not to park in the street.
richardfm

Re: Parking in Devizes

Post by richardfm »

The Travelodge has parking. Are you going to be staying there for one night? They might let you leave their car there longer.
Richard M
Cardiff
MIB2020

Post by MIB2020 »

It’s “limited “ parking and we don’t stay there until the return, having to ask if we can take bikes in to room didn’t want to push my luck.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Allowing bikes in the room is standard practice for Travelodge, so you won't be pushing your luck there.

With the car parking, contact Wiltshire Council and ask nicely. All the councils I've asked (various parts of the country, though I haven't tried Wiltshire) have had arrangements for multi-day parking in their car parks, though they don't advertise them. It'll cost, but not a lot. Sometimes they'll even advise you where best to park so your car is overlooked by a camera. https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/parking-contact-us
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Are you aware of the "use my drive" type websites? I put in a quick search on G and got one site. There were a couple in Devizes and cost £25 ish for 4 days.

West Devizes has some housing estates that I wouldn't worry about parking in. Widish roads, good neighborhood, etc.
MIB2020

Post by MIB2020 »

Thanks all, will have a look , cheers.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

My friend lives in Devizes. I have spoken to him and he says he may be able to help out. PM me for more details.
MIB2020

Post by MIB2020 »

PM sent, thank you very much.