Summer Plans?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Oldjohnw

Re: Summer Plans?

Post by Oldjohnw »

glucas wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 12:41pm
Oldjohnw wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 12:35pm My summer holiday plans are a week in a cottage the week after next in the other side of Northumberland, in the Breamish Valley.
Thanks John. Northumberland was the underrated gem from my bike tour last year. Lovely countryside and hardly any people.
After living here for nearly 72 years it will be difficult leaving to live somewhere else. But life turns on. I plan to do the NE 250 as a tourist next spring.

Glad you enjoyed it up here.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 28 Apr 2021, 2:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
PaulaT

Post by PaulaT »

Oldjohnw wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 12:35pm My summer holiday plans are a week in a cottage the week after next in the other side of Northumberland, in the Breamish Valley.
Thanks John. Northumberland was the underrated gem from my bike tour last year. Lovely countryside and hardly any people.
Toured there once many years ago. Had a wonderful time :)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

mjr wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:13pm
al_yrpal wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:08pm Here in the UK your NHS patient record does confirm your vaccinations even if administered by a private hospital or vaccination centre like the one located at Taunton racecourse near here. I have looked at my patient record and there the confirmation is with the date, type of vaccine, location, and name of the doctor who administered it. I am not familiar with EU nations health systems and wonder whether they have reliable national systems like us?
Interestingly, my records say mine was done by unknown staff member in unknown location! Date and type are accurate, but is the system as "reliable" as you think?
Those aren't the primary record of vaccination, which is held in the national system.

(As a first approximation we don't each have an "NHS patient record".)

Jonathan
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

This is the EU document on the Green certificate: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pressco ... da_21_1187
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

willem jongman wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:33pm This is the EU document on the Green certificate: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pressco ... da_21_1187
Here's the site that publishes the updates as the plans develop:
https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-tra ... ficates_en

Jonathan
glucas

Post by glucas »

st599_uk wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:06pm

The remote beaches are fantastic too, and the Tyne Valley and Hadrian's Wall.
Yes, I think I went through the Tyne Valley on the last leg on the Pennine Way tour. Unspoilt and lovely.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Jdsk wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:20pm
mjr wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:13pm
al_yrpal wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:08pm Here in the UK your NHS patient record does confirm your vaccinations even if administered by a private hospital or vaccination centre like the one located at Taunton racecourse near here. I have looked at my patient record and there the confirmation is with the date, type of vaccine, location, and name of the doctor who administered it. I am not familiar with EU nations health systems and wonder whether they have reliable national systems like us?
Interestingly, my records say mine was done by unknown staff member in unknown location! Date and type are accurate, but is the system as "reliable" as you think?
Those aren't the primary record of vaccination, which is held in the national system.

Jonathan
My patient record is available via my login at my surgery. I can read my record of treatments, order prescriptions etc. Perhaps pennypinching surgeries dont make these sort of things available, although I thought they were obliged to?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

The question is, however, whether this is a completely secure national system. Ideally it only contains identification data plus vaccinaton etc data. I don't think you want a system that in the worst case can be hacked for your entire medical record. So in the Netherlands and I think in many other countries the Green Certificate data system will be completely separate. Surgeries can upload their vaccination data but that is it. But I am not a computer boffin.
Last edited by willem jongman on 28 Apr 2021, 5:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

al_yrpal wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 5:03pm
Jdsk wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:20pm
mjr wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 2:13pmInterestingly, my records say mine was done by unknown staff member in unknown location! Date and type are accurate, but is the system as "reliable" as you think?

My patient record is available via my login at my surgery. I can read my record of treatments, order prescriptions etc. Perhaps pennypinching surgeries dont make these sort of things available, although I thought they were obliged to?
1 It's nothing to do with pennypinching surgeries.

2 Access by patients wasn't what I was discussing... which was the existence of the records.

3 What you're describing is records on the GP's system. Other NHS providers will have other records with other information... individual hospitals, community providers, dentistry, 111, screening programmes, vaccination programmes, STD clinics etc. There is no single "NHS patient record".

Jonathan
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

My GP access is via systemonline. I believe they now also use the NHS system and app.

Logging on to my account on systemonline I get to see a detailed form record of my vaccination. All details are there, eg all my personal data, vax ref, even that it was administered to my left arm.

Logging on today was very slow and more so to pull up the record. Glad I wasn't in an airport check-in queue.

I may change to the NHS system sometime, but I started with one system, the surgery then decided dump that and switch to systemonline, so a bit fed up with lack of stability.
millimole

Post by millimole »

Jdsk wrote: . There is no single "NHS patient record".
Jonathan
And this is a major problem that the public don't realise until they have a complex condition that requires the input from multiple parts of the NHS.
When I retired from the NHS our (very big) acute hospital trust didn't even have a single system for all the departments. There were multiple systems some 'bodged' to talk to each other, and others completely separate.
NHS IT is one of the back office services that has been underfunded for decades, because as we know the NHS is 'just doctors and nurses'.

Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

The EU system will not check online but will let you download your status onto a secure app on your phone. All you will have to do at check in or wherever is show a secure QR code.
Last edited by willem jongman on 28 Apr 2021, 5:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

simonhill wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 5:53pm My GP access is via systemonline. I believe they now also use the NHS system and app.

Logging on to my account on systemonline I get to see a detailed form record of my vaccination. All details are there, eg all my personal data, vax ref, even that it was administered to my left arm.

Logging on today was very slow and more so to pull up the record. Glad I wasn't in an airport check-in queue.

I may change to the NHS system sometime, but I started with one system, the surgery then decided dump that and switch to systemonline, so a bit fed up with lack of stability.
Sounds like SystmOnline. That's the proprietary patient access system from TPP, one of the two big GP system suppliers. It uses its own app.

https://www.tpp-uk.com/products/systmonline

Your vaccination details are there because they've been messaged from the national vaccination system to the GP's system.

Jonathan
Last edited by Jdsk on 28 Apr 2021, 6:03pm, edited 4 times in total.
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

So your app should get the data from that national system.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

I just tried the systmonline app and it wouldn't let me see or download the record form. I could look at a brief synopsis. Bloody useless. Still on phone, I then logged in to website on browser and could see the record form. Took a screen shot.

I think that it is an electronic copy of the form, not an electronic record as such. Only interfacing with the Mark1 eyeball.
Last edited by simonhill on 28 Apr 2021, 6:35pm, edited 1 time in total.