Summer Plans?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Jdsk

Re: Summer Plans?

Post by Jdsk »

Which app is that, please?

Jonathan
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

The app is systmonline the system I said I used to access my GP data. My last post edited to clarify.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks

Jonathan
mjr

Post by mjr »

willem jongman wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 5:57pm The EU system will not check online but will let you download your status onto a secure app on your phone. All you will have to do at check in or wherever is show a secure QR code.
I really hope they do that with public key cryptography and not by trying to assert control of the smartphone running the app.

Edit to add: actually, if they did that, would it even need an app? Why couldn't you simply scan or print the QR code that linked a time-limited assertion of your vaccination status to a unique marker on some other ID that you already have?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

Sorry this is over my head. You will have to look at the EU documentation linked to earlier by Jonathan.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

willem jongman wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 5:57pm The EU system will not check online but will let you download your status onto a secure app on your phone. All you will have to do at check in or wherever is show a secure QR code.
which is all very well if you have a suitable phone. My phone won't allow me to do that, nor does my fathers and i'm sure we are not unique in not having the latest all singing and dancing electronic gadgetry!
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

foxyrider wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 8:39pm
which is all very well if you have a suitable phone. My phone won't allow me to do that, nor does my fathers and i'm sure we are not unique in not having the latest all singing and dancing electronic gadgetry!
Key features of the certificate
Digital and/or paper format
with QR code
free of charge
in national language and English
safe and secure
valid in all EU countries

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-tra ... ficates_en

My emboldening.

Jonathan
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

Sure but who does not have a smartphone these days?
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

willem jongman wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 10:07pm Sure but who does not have a smartphone these days?
Lots of older people.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

I doubt many who would need to travel lack a smartphone. I think you underestimate how digitally literate older people have become over the years, and particularly during the last year. However, the EU system will also provide a paper version.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

I have a new smartphone, however the NHS app doesn't run on it.

I've sent them the logs and an explanation of the cause, but I doubt they'll fix it.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

Just wait for the EU one :D
mjr

Post by mjr »

willem jongman wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 9:44am Just wait for the EU one :D
Almost zero chance of the UK allowing an EU app access to vaccination records in the current climate. Maybe less than zero if it harms gov.uk chances of making more people upgrade to run the UK app.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

We can only hope that some sense will prevail and that the apps will somehow be compatible. If not, you may not be able to travel to the EU.
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

In the meantime, the European Parliament has overwhelmingly approved the plan.