Touring from Caen (May 12th 2021)

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
francovendee

Re: Touring from Caen (May 12th 2021)

Post by francovendee »

The French have had very little vaccine available so the levels of the outbreak are high and rising. Figures suggest over 60% of new cases are of the UK variety, hence the Brits are allowed travel to France.
It's a very different place at the moment. Bars and restaurants closed and limits to the numbers allowed in shops. Museums and galleries remain closed. The worse aspect is the 6 to 6 curfew, with the clocks changing and evenings getting longer who wants to stay at home after 6 pm ?

I've felt all throughout this pandemic that we should all stay within our own countries until the virus is under control, at least controlled within Europe.

We keep planning where we're going next but leave it as a plan for better times.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

francovendee wrote:I've felt all throughout this pandemic that we should all stay within our own countries until the virus is under control, at least controlled within Europe.

We've made that decision for our own holidays.

I expect that we're about to see that some people push up against the limits of the regulations and the guidance and that some hold back. I'd like the public messages to include that holding back will reduce transmission and illness and deaths.

Jonathan
jacobean

Post by jacobean »

Jdsk wrote:
francovendee wrote:I've felt all throughout this pandemic that we should all stay within our own countries until the virus is under control, at least controlled within Europe.

I'd like the public messages to include that holding back will reduce transmission and illness and deaths.

Totally agree with you.

Anybody who has ever worked in advertising or public health communications will tell you that successful persuasive communications need to mention the pay-off or benefit of the behaviour you want to change.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Yes. And refreshing the message. And targeted approaches to different groups. Etc etc.

Jonathan
djb

Post by djb »

Jdsk wrote:Yes. And refreshing the message. And targeted approaches to different groups. Etc etc.

Jonathan

And we have all seen how in the U.S. with Trump, repeating and repeating messages contrary to scientific fact for partisan reasons, lead to a significant number of Americans believing illogical views on covid, mask wearing etc.
And then of course the illogical and dangerous views on their presidential election results.
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

Indeed.