long stay car parking at Newcastle, Portsmouth and/or Plymouth

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
tatanab

Re: long stay car parking at Newcastle, Portsmouth and/or Plymouth

Post by tatanab »

When travelling from Portsmouth, booked with Justpark, I like to use St Mark's Church in Derby Road. Reasons are - gated compound by the church hall with people coming and going, also a charitable cause, about 1/2 mile from the ferry port. I just checked it for 4 weeks in June/July and it came back at £52. I have used it at least twice for month long trips.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Some few years ago, we whet on holiday to the South of France via Eurostar and SNCF.
Was away a week or so. We drove from here in Cornwall to Bedford where our daughter was living at the time and left our car there. Stayed overnight and then took the train to Kings Cross for the Eurostar.

Had we not had somewhere to leave the car, we would have had to take the train to London (or somewhere and then on to Kings Cross) and then gone abroad with the car left safely at home.

Basically, what I'm illustrating, is that in order to go abroad having left your car parked somewhere, you need leave it somewhere safe.
Safest place is at home, or with people you know.
Mick F. Cornwall
jack1

Post by jack1 »

Hi, parking in Portsmouth ( Haslar Marina) PO12-1NU all gated I’v used 2/3 times it’s perfect,and not (stupid prices) very reasonable.phone 02392-601201 hope that helps. :D
Paulc

Post by Paulc »

Cross County train an option?
Steve

Post by Steve »

beeb wrote: 19 May 2021, 4:02pm Hoping next year to travel from the North of Scotland down to use the ferry from Plymouth or Portsmouth to Spain.

Does anyone know of somewher that I could leave the car for a period of up to 2 months at reasonable cost?

Might also need the same for port of tyne, Newcastle?

Considering campsites etc but has anyone done it and found anyone to be helpful?

thanks loads in advance
You could also look into caravan storage places, they should be suitable.