Europe 2021

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mjr

Re: Europe July.????

Post by mjr »

st599_uk wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 9:23am The UK announced it would accept EU Covid Green passes, except those issued by France.
Do you have a link to that, please? I did not find it on www.gov.uk/coronavirus
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

In Wales a paper (remember that!) certificate was issued on request.
We do not all have (or want) the latest technology.

This is in addition to the card given at time of vaccination
The certificate contains details of vaccine, dates and the place of vaccination.
It has a scannable barcode which I understand contains the relavent details numbers etc.

I am told it will be accepted by the authorities.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

It's all upthread, but I recommend carrying a paper record when travelling abroad.

Jonathan

PS This is nothing to with avoiding any technology, simply pragmatic to minimise hassle.
mjr

Post by mjr »

PDQ Mobile wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:25am In Wales a paper (remember that!) certificate was issued on request.
We can get a paper copy sent in England too, but you still have to request it online or by phoning 119 and it takes longer than downloading and/or printing your own. Like jdsk, I would carry a paper copy of such an important (for now!) document, in a waterproof container. I hope that the ones posted out have longer validity than the two-day one currently offered for download.
The certificate contains details of vaccine, dates and the place of vaccination.
It has a scannable barcode which I understand contains the relavent details numbers etc.

The card given at vaccination in England contains nothing that can be authenticated. It is primarily a reminder for the patient and will not be accepted for anything without further credentials.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Jdsk wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:40am It's all upthread, but I recommend carrying a paper record when travelling abroad.

Jonathan

PS This is nothing to with avoiding any technology, simply pragmatic to minimise hassle.
I merely posted as information for anyone interested, if it was upthead and I missed it sorry for duplication.

The technology side of it is just two fold.
One is an unwillingness to enter a hamster wheel catch-up on always having the latest update etc.
And the second is a personal distrust of reliability and more.

Actually you are advocating avoiding the technology, of course!
Because of the unreliable nature of the beast, just when you need it most!!
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

My Covid vax record is on my NHS app (not the track and trace thing but my medical stuff). I can access it on my phone.
Attachments
01560EA6-01D0-41A2-93A0-8F2D80BEABF3.png
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 29 Jul 2021, 1:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

mjr wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 12:54pm
PDQ Mobile wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 10:25am In Wales a paper (remember that!) certificate was issued on request.
We can get a paper copy sent in England too, but you still have to request it online or by phoning 119 and it takes longer than downloading and/or printing your own. Like jdsk, I would carry a paper copy of such an important (for now!) document, in a waterproof container. I hope that the ones posted out have longer validity than the two-day one currently offered for download.

The card given at vaccination in England contains nothing that can be authenticated. It is primarily a reminder for the patient and will not be accepted for anything without further credentials.
Yes I understand the card given at vaccination is not a travel document.
In conjunction with the paper certificate though it adds authenticity.

There is no expiry of validity that I can see.
I imagine expiry will by determined by what the authorities consider a duration of protection from any given vaccine.

It must be said, in the interests of balance, that one can still travel to most places without vaccination, subject to negative testing and quarantine.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

PDQ Mobile wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:46pmI imagine expiry will by determined by what the authorities consider a duration of protection from any given vaccine.
For some of the documentation the duration of validity is a lot shorter than that, eg 2 days. I recommend checking before relying on it.

Jonathan
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Oldjohnw wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:44pm My Covid van record is on my NHS app (not the track and trace thing but my medical stuff). I can access it on my phone.
Yes, though the batch number of the vaccine is not visible on your screen shot.
It might not pass muster at an international frontier. Maybe it's "deeper in"?

I can't access the NHS app.
Therefore I have paper copy.
Totally happy about that.
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

Jdsk wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:49pm
PDQ Mobile wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:46pmI imagine expiry will by determined by what the authorities consider a duration of protection from any given vaccine.
For some of the documentation the duration of validity is a lot shorter than that, eg 2 days. I recommend checking before relying on it.

Jonathan
I will. Two days sounds like a short break!
There (and back again) in record time.
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

PDQ Mobile wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:51pm
Oldjohnw wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:44pm My Covid van record is on my NHS app (not the track and trace thing but my medical stuff). I can access it on my phone.
Yes, though the batch number of the vaccine is not visible on your screen shot.
It might not pass muster at an international frontier. Maybe it's "deeper in"?

I can't access the NHS app.
Therefore I have paper copy.
Totally happy about that.
There is another version for travel.
John
scragend

Post by scragend »

Oldjohnw wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:59pm There is another version for travel.
Indeed there is; I have just generated this from my NHS app (suitably redacted - I hope).

Jab.png

The vaccine given, batch number and the location where the vaccine was administered are all stated.

There is a separate QR code for each dose; the one shown is my first dose but I have had both - you can swipe right to get to the next one. If you download the PDF you get both codes in the same document.

It gives an expiry date 30 days from now, although there is also a note at the bottom to say that the 2D barcode refreshes every time you log in. The PDF one you can download is also valid for 30 days. I don't know of any version which is only valid for two days.
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

Of course all the relevant information will be there. What I am not clear about is if it is compatible with the EU app on a practical level: is it the same as the EU one when you are an Italian bar owner and want to ensure that a customer has been vaccinated. That bar owner would not want to open a different piece of software on his reader or whatever. And what are the security measures? I ask because there are reports that the EU one is not quite as secure yet as was hoped.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

scragend wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 2:40pm
Oldjohnw wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 1:59pm There is another version for travel.
Indeed there is; I have just generated this from my NHS app (suitably redacted - I hope).

The vaccine given, batch number and the location where the vaccine was administered are all stated.

There is a separate QR code for each dose; the one shown is my first dose but I have had both - you can swipe right to get to the next one. If you download the PDF you get both codes in the same document.

It gives an expiry date 30 days from now, although there is also a note at the bottom to say that the 2D barcode refreshes every time you log in. The PDF one you can download is also valid for 30 days. I don't know of any version which is only valid for two days.
What I can't understand is why the QR code has an expiry date. If it gives dates and batch numbers for doses those batch numbers and dates will not change after a month e.g. 1st dose 1 May 2021 batch A0001 and 2nd dose 1 Aug 2021 batch A0002 then that information will be true on 1 Sept 2021 and will be identically true on 31 Dec 2025. Dates given and batch numbers used will not change retrospectively.

But, valid until dates are as yet unknown and I suspect will initially be subject to different interpretations by different countries for different ages groups with different vaccinations e.g. in UK a 65 year old having AZ for initial doses may require a Pfizer booster by 1 Oct whereas in France different age banding might be chosen with different booster dates and, a UK person visiting France may be subject to the French booster requirements rather than the UK booster requirements. Until the WHO establish a dosing regine (e.g. as for Yellow Fever) there will be no consistency and "valid until" would be interpreted by the QR code reading software subject to local guidelines.

Ian
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

mjr wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 9:34am
st599_uk wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 9:23am The UK announced it would accept EU Covid Green passes, except those issued by France.
Do you have a link to that, please? I did not find it on www.gov.uk/coronavirus
https://www.france24.com/en/uk/20210728 ... from-eu-us
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”