Cycling Cambrils

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Sarah999

Cycling Cambrils

Post by Sarah999 »

Hi
I am living & working in Cambrils, Costa Daurada, Spain for the next few months. I have tried to access information about local cycling routes via usual methods, with minimal success ( it might be me???) Has anyone any ideas?
Cheers Sarah
Cyclewala

Re: Cycling Cambrils

Post by Cyclewala »

We holidayed in the area 4 years ago. It's a very touristy area so the beachfront roads and those leading off them are very busy with traffic.

There were many leisure/utility cyclists and they used these roads. Spanish drivers are quite courteous.

Proper cyclists, i.e. road bicycles and lycra, were aplenty. They predominantly used the local roads about a mile or two inland. These are used by local motorists and seemed in much better state.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Forgive me if this is one of the "usual methods" you've tried, but if it was me I'd head to a bookshop and try to get hold of a good local map(s), say at 1:50000, and work out some routes from that.
jacobean

Post by jacobean »

I've done Reus to Mont Blanc (ES) twice before - as part of a tour.

The C14 is nice road. Not too much traffic and not too hilly.

Mont Blanc has an nice old town with plenty cafes etc, making it an ideal stop for lunch. I'm sure it could de done in a day.