Japan tour video

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
keefwaddo

Japan tour video

Post by keefwaddo »

I'm from Yorkshire and usually only read the forum. Living in Japan for 20 years and for the hell of it, here is a link to my most recent video cycle tour in Japan. Not exactly Ilkley Moor, but may provide an exotic escape for some here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OE7a_IwnaE
simonhill

Re: Japan tour video

Post by simonhill »

I've watched most of it, good to see Japan from a bike again. Just one thing, can you turn down the music a bit. Very Blasty.
simonineaston

Re: Japan tour video

Post by simonineaston »

Cool - thanks. Just watched a bit of as it's tipping down here in south west England - just like in the video!! PS really like the music :-)
In some odd ways, it reminds me of England - scruffy little lanes, lots of pockets of agriculture, a ton of coastal features, religious sites and burial grounds all over the place, steep steps and yew trees, driving on the left, the ubiquitous armco, trees & hedgerows everywhere - although a lot of the trees look different to ours, lots of little villages, hills that look the Lake district fells, rainy rainy rainy weather - very nice. That's some 'temple-with-a-view' at 26.40! I've always thought of Japan being very strange indeed but I think I'd find a lot of it more familiar than I perhaps expected.
Didn't see any dogs, do folks in Japan have pet dogs? Cycling in rural France, there's always 'gateway' dogs ready to find out exactly how fast I can pedal...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)