poland touring

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
gordonyoung

poland touring

Post by gordonyoung »

Just completed a 10 day cycle touring trip along the Dunajec river in Poland. Staying at hotels and luggage moved on for us each day. This was a really great trip with perfect arrangements with the company we used. The cycle path is excellent with an excellent surface away from any car noise. Poland is very good value. There were a few short sections which are not completed yet but we found the traffic very considerate. A would recommend the trip.
Jdsk

Re: poland touring

Post by Jdsk »

Sounds good.

Anything to share about borders or restrictions or paperwork, please?
viewtopic.php?p=1641230#p1641230

Thanks

Jonathan
burroc

Post by burroc »

I would be interested to hear which company (or other alternative) you used to move your luggage on each day. Thanks.
gordonyoung

Post by gordonyoung »

Hi Used Bird.PL; all the arrangements were excellent, hotels very nice and nice price. A lot cheaper than using a UK based company. Have a look at their website www.bird.pl - we did the 10 day Velo Dunajec tour. I will be putting up photos on Flickr shorly. if you want any more info message me.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thankyou

Jonathan
gordonyoung

Post by gordonyoung »

In terms of paperwork because I was travelling from one EU country to another ( I live in Ireland) I had my vaccine pass on my phone, a passenger locator form for Poland for the way in and an Irish one for coming home. I also had a Polish health form but they didn't look at that on the way in. Took over 30 mins going in through Krakow customs as they were looking at all the vaccine passes from everyone. Once in Poland I didn't have to show my vaccine pass again. Eating in restaurants didn't require any pass as we do here in Ireland. Had the mask on when using the train. Traveled in Slovakia no problem - no border controls. You cross in Slovakia on the Velo Dunajec.