dieppe to Bergerac

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
sir_lozz

dieppe to Bergerac

Post by sir_lozz »

Bit of a random one, just come back from a 2 week 600miler (proabably about 300 miles if you go straight!) in France from Dieppe to Bergerac (it's amazing where you end up when you plan nothing!). Had a fantastic time in a leaky tent and at least 3 boulangeries a day! If anyone wants any help/info (routes, campsites, hillls to avoid!) i will be happy to oblige.

We took the bikes on Transmanche (now LD lines) on the way there and flew back with a reasonably priced FlyBe flight, both of which were excellent and very helpful.

We covered anything from 35-70 miles a day with all our stuff, mainly doing long days to get south in search of the sunshine!
real men don't need engines
Cyclefrance

Post by Cyclefrance »

Hi - I'm always interested in routes through France - your's sounds like it was a good excursion!

You can email me vis the link on my website http://www.geocities.com/cyclefranceuk and if you end up doing a website yourself, let me know the url and I'll place a link to it from mine.
sir_lozz

Post by sir_lozz »

whats the best place to map out our route? i began to do it on google maps and then saved it and the majority had dissapeared somewhere!

we did travel on through some great places and along great routes, a 70 mile route down the river Vienne was a particularly great route
real men don't need engines
bailout

Post by bailout »

What were flybe like when it came to the bikes? ie what sort of packing do they insist on and did it arrive in good condition?