Getting a bicycle delivered to the south of Spain

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
J-whiz

Getting a bicycle delivered to the south of Spain

Post by J-whiz »

Seems a bit tricky...we're going by train to near Granada and want our bikes sent so we can pick them up there. We've got an address they can go to and they don't need to get there in a hurry, but all the big commercial couriers (Fedex etc) are pretty much rubbish - either very expensive or 'don't do bicycles'. We want to send a couple of other boxes - clothes, duvets etc as we are going to be there for a few months so ideally they'd all go together.

I'm just googling, as there must be someone who does do this but I thought someone on ctc musty know a good way to do this..

Does anyone have any ideas?
megilleland

Post by megilleland »

You could try contacting these people - they offer a weekly service to Granada.
J-whiz

Post by J-whiz »

megilleland wrote:You could try contacting these people - they offer a weekly service to Granada.

:)

Thanks - I'll try them
rexlerego

Sending Bikes to South of Spain.

Post by rexlerego »

Hi. Not sure if you have sorted your problem yet..

It's some time since I send my bike but I was pleasantly surprised by the services/prices available. It's worth spending a little time with the various carriers ' on line quote'.
IMPORTANT to think of a parcel and not a bike. With a bit of time and effort a bike can soon change into a parcel of 75cm x 100cm x 25cm and weigh well under the standard 25 Kg. limit of some carriers. Remove mudguards-wheels-saddle-reverse forks-loosen handlebars- remove pedals-pack with foam rubber and put into cardboard box. Also important to use the 'total dimension calculation' that some carriers apply.

If you have heavy bikes, 2 bikes can change to 3 (or more) parcels.

Last time I sent my bike down to Perpignan ( 2004) It cost around £30. and took just 3 days. I think the firm were called interparcel or something similar.

Good luck
whiskywheels

Re: Getting a bicycle delivered to the south of Spain

Post by whiskywheels »

Just thought I'd revive this ancient post to ask if anyone has recent experience of sending their bike in a hard bike box to Spain? I'd like to send my bike to a hotel in Benissa, then have it sent back a week later. I tried a new service called https://www.bagsolo.com/ but their size restrictions exclude just about every bike bag or box I've ever heard of. My Elite Vaison bike box is 123x79.2x33cm.
pq

Re: Getting a bicycle delivered to the south of Spain

Post by pq »

You could try parcelmonkey. We live in France and regularly use it to have big heavy boxes sent from the UK for not much. Doesn't work well in the other direction though.
One link to your website is enough. G