plans for 2009

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mac111051

plans for 2009

Post by mac111051 »

any plans for this year
Neil Fat Man On A Bike

Post by Neil Fat Man On A Bike »

I'm doing LEJOG with a mate of mine vai the Western Isles.

Cant wait.

What are your plans?
mac111051

Post by mac111051 »

for the last few years we have spent two or three months abroad in the camper van , last year we went down to Italy but it got to hot and the dog was not enjoying it so we came back over the alps to a village called Allemont, from here I climbed the col de Glandon and Alp Du huez. What this year will bring i am not sure
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I will be doing SOMETHING.

Dunno what, yet. I do have this Raleigh Chopper (in bits now) and want to rebuild it with some wider gear ratios, possibly tow my trailer, and do LEJOG on it.
It is probably the first attempt at an E2E on a Chopper. Problems at present with gears and bottom brackets, so I may not be ready in time for organising the trip.

Other than that, I've an idea for a Grand Tour 2 on my Mercian. I've not been South Coast with it yet, perhaps LE to Great Yarmouth via St David's Head and World Naked Bike Ride in London!

As you can tell, I have all my options open .....
Mick F. Cornwall
random37

Post by random37 »

Today, I became the owner of a 1948 Raleigh Clubman.
A period styled tour is calling.
vernon

Post by vernon »

Eurovelo 6 is particularly alluring though I'll only do 2/3 weeks' work
Several short weekend tours in the UK are also on the cards - coast to coast crossing lend themselves to this quite well and there's several that I've yet to ride.
Ambermile

Post by Ambermile »

Calais-Montpelier sometime before summer on the Beastie, and coast to coast Scotland in a canoe!

Arthur
I make stuff, that's all.
pq

Post by pq »

Kirgyzstan and Tajikistan probably.
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

pq wrote:Kirgyzstan and Tajikistan probably.

Can't match that! Denmark in May, and if all goes well, Belgium, Holland, or France later in the year. Plus long weekends in the Yorkshire Dales.
garybaldy

Post by garybaldy »

Solo LEJOG 30th May - 9th June. First one.
takeonafrica

Post by takeonafrica »

From here to Cape Town - although i'll probably only be as far as Sierra Leone or Mali by the end of the year.

And a few trial long weekends in the UK before i go - peak district, wales and one other but not decided yet.
http://www.helenstakeon.com
Books: Desert Snow and A Siberian Winter's Tale
mac111051

Post by mac111051 »

Some good trips on here but could you put a bit of meat on the bone. takeonafrica, what bike and kit are you using, pq where the hell is Kirqyzstan and why go there
takeonafrica

Post by takeonafrica »

I thought brief would be intriguing, but here goes...

Basically, I'm quitting work to spend 2-years cycling from the UK to Cape Town, via Western Europe, the Sahara, West Africa and East Africa.
I'll be indulging in my interest in photography and shall be documenting the trip and also stories about the people I meet online (www.takeonafrica.com).
Two years should give me plenty of time to see and do other things and am hoping to do some volunteer work - so long as I can actually be useful.
I'm cycling to raise some money for a charity my friend has set up, the Welbodi Partnership.

If you're interested, check out the site (and subscribe if you want to be updated).

Oh, and the bike is a Thorn Raven Tour - picking it up in a couple of weeks... I'm working on the kit list currently and should have it published soon.

Helen
http://www.helenstakeon.com
Books: Desert Snow and A Siberian Winter's Tale
zenzinnia

Post by zenzinnia »

Much respect to the world travellers. I'm just planing to do Felixstowe to Berwick-on-Tweed - the English bit of the North Sea Cycle Route. I've never travelled on that side of the country so I'm looking forward to it.
garybaldy

Post by garybaldy »

WOW!!

After reading about all the trips planned here

my LEJOG seems boring and commonplace. [/b]