St Malo/ Pleven question.

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
willyboy

St Malo/ Pleven question.

Post by willyboy »

A friend and I are riding to Pleven from St Malo on the 2nd day of a short tour.
Just wondered if anyone knows if you can cycle across the tidal barrage in St Malo estuary - the road is marked D168?
Or should we head further south to the D366?
Thanks for any help in advance, :wink:
Will
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Yes, you can

The road itself is very cramped and busy, however on the eastern side (And possibly the western side), there's a wide concrete service lane, seperated from the D168 by barriers of some sort. There's one or two places, where the bike might have to be wheeled, but it's fairly straightforward

The approach roads are cramped and busy, however can be cycled. There are places where a bike can be wheeled along on short stretches
willyboy

Post by willyboy »

Thanks for that. I'll have a look how much further it is to the other route and maybe try that instead; especially if its a quieter road.
brianleach

Post by brianleach »

I agree. Busy and quite hilly.

Brian
Robert

Post by Robert »

I'd agree too, we went this way last summer and it was fine. I've measured my track, we did about 19 km from St Malo to the bridge at Port St Humbert.