Road atlas showing campsites?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
nirakaro

Road atlas showing campsites?

Post by nirakaro »

My old Blay Foldex road atlas of France marks campsites, but I can't find a current one that does. I want to keep this one for reference rather than rip the pages out: can anyone recommend what current atlas I should get? (I also want one for Italy.)
andrew_s

Re: Road atlas showing campsites?

Post by andrew_s »

No idea I'm afraid.
Michelin ones used to, up to 2002 at least, but I was most disappointed when I found the recent ones don't show them.
I'm glad I stocked up with reference road atlases when I did - the Michelin Italy (2000), Germany/Benelux/Austria etc (2002) and Spain (2002) all have them marked, as does the Statens Kartverk one of Norway (2002/3). It's all part of the modern trend away from informative maps to simple and clear ones, I suppose.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

What about selecting Areas and then printing off the map(s) from for example

http://www.camping-caravaning-france.co ... rance.html

Seems quite useful to me.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

My only suggestion is the Michelin regional maps, the 500 series . I have just noticed that the Portuguese and Spanish (593,575,576) regional maps have the campsites marked but the French one (512) does not.
PW

Post by PW »

British ones don't appear to any more either :( They appear to have been replaced by speed camera locations. :evil:
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!