Ireland southwest coast

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Richard

Re: Ireland southwest coast

Postby Richard » 5 Jul 2009, 8:01pm

The Swansea to Cork service no longer operates (hasn't done for 3-4 years now). The routes you can take are Fishguard-Rosslaire, Pembroke Dock to Rosslaire or Holyhead to Dublin.

davebax

Postby davebax » 22 Jan 2010, 5:04pm

Richard wrote:The Swansea to Cork service no longer operates (hasn't done for 3-4 years now). The routes you can take are Fishguard-Rosslaire, Pembroke Dock to Rosslaire or Holyhead to Dublin.
Good news - the Swansea-Cork ferry service is due to restart very soon :)

BE1

Postby BE1 » 23 Jan 2010, 9:16am

Very good news :D but I'm living further afield so will still have to fly into Crok this Easter :( Therefore, can anyone recommend a cycle hire shop which rents a good enough bike for a four day tour? I'm not expecting anything great just something that I can "forget" I'm riding if you see what I mean. Thanks

Also, Jezrant did you have a good tour and is there anything you would recomend or advise against?

jake

Postby jake » 26 Jan 2010, 11:32pm

Has anyone cycled around the DIngle Peninsula? I would like to combine the ride with climbing Mt Brandon (leaving the bike at a local B&B). If possible, I also want to wild camp on the beach that was featured in the film, "Ryans Daughter". Anyone done this?