Eurolvelo Route 5 (Dublin to Switzerland)

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
ridertothesea

Eurolvelo Route 5 (Dublin to Switzerland)

Postby ridertothesea » 16 Jun 2009, 11:00pm

Am planning to ride from Dublin to Switzerland in July and was wondering where I might get info on Eurovelo Route 5 (which I'm thinking of using in part).

ALternatively I could avoid UK altogether and get Rosslare Roscoff Ferry to France. Any advice on either would be appreciated.

Ridertothesea

BE1

Re: Eurolvelo Route 5 (Dublin to Switzerland)

Postby BE1 » 17 Jun 2009, 7:07am

The "best" starting point is the European Cyclists' Federation website, where there is a Eurovelo section. Some of the routes have dedicated websites some do not, route 5 does not.

So the real best bet is to contact the national cycling federation members and also to use your search engine and see what it throws up: for example for EV6 there is a French guy who has mapped the entire French part of the route.

As to the choice of route I love cycling in Brittany but the final decision will probably end up asa personal time/total cost calculation.

In any case enjoy the ride!

apsykes

Postby apsykes » 18 Jul 2009, 11:53am

I'm planning to do Berkshire to Brindisi in summer 2010 and have collated alot of information on my blog: www.puglia2010.com . I'll be following the EV5 route so I'd be very interested in hearing how you get on.
Good luck
Andrew
Andrew P. Sykes
0(044)7970278569
apsykes@hotmail.com
http://CyclingEurope.org
Author of 'Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie'
"A wonderful, witty account of a cycle tour across Europe" (CTC)

chrb

Postby chrb » 24 Jul 2009, 2:19pm

I am interested in EV8, the Mediterranean Route. The most recent route report is old (talks about closed borders that have been open for 4 years!). I emailed the ECF but got no response, hmm...

apsykes

Postby apsykes » 21 Aug 2011, 9:57am

My book about cycling the Eurovelo 5 is now available on Amazon - search for "Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie"
:)
Andrew
Andrew P. Sykes
0(044)7970278569
apsykes@hotmail.com
http://CyclingEurope.org
Author of 'Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie'
"A wonderful, witty account of a cycle tour across Europe" (CTC)