Handle bar bag

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
matt2matt2002

Re: Handle bar bag

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Humm..
Cunobilin, I can see your point but while using the bag, the map cover flapped about. If it could be velcro'd down, it would be much better. Do you use one yourself? If so - do you have the same problem as me?
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

matt2matt2002 wrote:Humm..
Cunobilin, I can see your point but while using the bag, the map cover flapped about. If it could be velcro'd down, it would be much better. Do you use one yourself? If so - do you have the same problem as me?

I never had a big problem with mine when a map was in the case, although I found it annoying that it unfolded when I only wanted to see the top half of the map. What I did was to get two small bulldog clips - these kept the case+map folded how I wanted, helped secure the closure when unfolded (I found the glue holding the velcro melted in the sun), and gave a little extra weight to stop flapping.
Geofff

Post by Geofff »

Agree about the map holder on the Altura, a great bag otherwise. I used the oversize bar mount to fix it to my Trek. The velcro on the map case came away from the plastic first time out and the eventual solution was a small bungee around the whole bag.