Plans

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
mac111051

Plans

Post by mac111051 »

Any plans for next year
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Plans

Post by Mick F »

JOGLE on my Raleigh Chopper in spring, then a longish tour on my Mercian during the late summer. I must get down to sorting the rides out.

JOGLE is a "regular" route for me, so all I have to do is work out the overnight stays and getting up there in the first place.

A tour on my Mercian needs thinking about. I have this idea of circumnavigating the SW peninsular - Home to Plymouth to Portland to Minehead to LE then Home via Lizard and Falmouth. Perhaps a fortnight.

But there is talk of a ferry to Swansea across the Bristol Channel - that has promise, as I could get to Pembrokeshire ........
Mick F. Cornwall
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

Mick's still Choppering, I see.

Me: Denmark (again) and down to Germany, then back up to Belgium. That's for Spring. Autumn in France. Mind you, plans can change, and Southern Ireland is tempting. But two trips abroad where my wife is happy to cycle with four panniers for a couple of weeks.

Some time, I'd quite fancy cycling the south coast from Dover to Land's End.
Jamesnh

Post by Jamesnh »

I've got a few weekend event rides earmarked, and london to brighton for the sociable aspect. Very much want to do Sleepless in the Saddle, having been badly organised the last couple of years and missing out.
Have recently come back from a 3month tour, so the plans for the next year will be on a budget/ in the UK. Definitely thinking LEJOG, but with a twist. Liking the idea of combining it with the 3 Peaks challenge (which I've done before) but like the sound of cycling the in-between bits plus the LEJOG end bits. two birds one stone kind of deal :)
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Spain again, but a bit earlier in the year this time; May instead of August.

At the momment looking at Madrid - Cordoba or Seville. The plan is to spend a bit more time with the head up looking around, rather than head down trying to do distances.
johncharles

Post by johncharles »

Cycling on my 'Richardson' to Krakow and Zakopane in June.
Si

Post by Si »

To actually spend more than one night away on the bike.
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

Double coast to coast without getting to either coast! Plan is to do Reivers route to the Lakes (Cockermouth/Keswick turnaround point) and then back on the C2C finishing at Newcastle station. Four days including train to Newcastle and back. It helps that I live one stop from and East Coast mainline main station and can get to Newcastle in under 3.5 hours.
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly
Cygnetory

Post by Cygnetory »

Train to Wick, then JoG/Dunnet Head to London using Route 1-ish to Lincoln then home to NW7. Taking in the Coasts and Castles route as well will give us a chance to explore a large area of the country we've never visited. Can't wait. Hopefully being on or near the east coast may alleviate some of the headwind disadvantage of travelling north to south. We plan to camp all the way so any suggestions or tips would be very welcome. The hardest part for me will be to get into a rhythm and cover the miles without stopping every few minutes to look at something or take a photograph.
frank9755

Post by frank9755 »

My Latest thinking is this:

Southern Spain in early spring (Feb - ie winter!) - a circuit from Malaga, with the amount of Snow dictating how high I can go into the mountains.

LEJOG (or possibly another longish UK/Scotland ride in May)

Tempted by something more adventurous such as the Himalayas / central Asia for the summer

+ a (long) weekend per month from March-October in the UK. Likely to include a circuits of Cornwall and Norfolk/Suffolk, Central Wales and the Cotswolds. Possibly N Ireland (Antrim coast)
garybaldy

Post by garybaldy »

Nothing planned but I'm taking early retirement in February (I'm 57).

So no longer will I be controlled by the clock or calendar!!!

CAN'T WAIT!
PW

Post by PW »

As yet undecided, but candidates include LEHome (did JOGHome this year); Western Isles; Britanny again; or something involving the EBE and a long ride back......... :twisted: (Contacts in Spain and Germany :wink: )
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
R80RT

Post by R80RT »

Cuba In March - in at deep end - yikes. Though the bit worrying me most is getting Gatwick lol.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

garybaldy wrote:Nothing planned but I'm taking early retirement in February (I'm 57).
So no longer will I be controlled by the clock or calendar!!!
CAN'T WAIT!

It ain't that simple, I can assure you!
I'm 57 (just) and retired, but time is tight, just like it always was before.
Mick F. Cornwall
Robert

Post by Robert »

For us it will be the usual ride to SW France. Different route this time and fewer days taken over it.